"Words" is the 25th episode of Blue's Clues from Season 3.
- Steve (North America)
- HyunSup Shim (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Mr. Oil (debut)
- Mrs. Vinegar (debut)
- Vinaigrette (debut)
- Tame Lion (debut)
Steve and Blue experiment with some old words and some new words.
- Question: What should Steve and Blue do with their words?
- Clue words:
- 1. The word, "Make"
- 2. The word, "A"
- 3. The word, "Poem"
- Answer: Make a Poem
- Skidoo location: A blank piece of paper
- Living room picture: "hello" then "words" then "kitchen" with an arrow pointing right then "mail" then "poem" then "bye"
- Felt frame picture: Freddy reading a newspaper
This episode is all about words, even Blue's Clues are all words. Blue has a big bag of words from which we pull out fun words such as wiggle and enormous. They help Mr. Salt and Pepper to prepare a salad for their friends Mr. Oil, Mrs. Vinegar, and Vinaigrette by using associations to figure out the meanings of new words. Later, they skidooed into a blank piece of paper. We soon learn that by using the power of words, a blank piece of paper can become an imaginative and exciting journey down a road leading to a party.
- Danielle and Jennifer Brown, two relatives of Content Consultant Laura G. Brown (not this episode), are both Steve's Friends in this episode.
- This is the last episode to have streamers and balloons from Blue's Birthday.
- This is the last episode to premiere in 2000.
- Politically, this was the last episode to air during the era of President Bill Clinton, and Blues Clues was the result of the Children's Television Act passed during his administration.
- This episode is on the Blue's Room DVD "Shape Detectives."
- Ian Chandler Sheaffer, one of Steve's Friends in this episode, also plays a character on the popular daytime drama One Life to Live.
- This episode also appears in online listings as "The Big Bag of Words."
- This is the second Steve episode with words. The first was Blue's ABCs.
- This is the second episode with words.
- The letter design from Blue's ABCs is used.
- Coincidentally, both episodes teach reading.
- The Thinking Time segment music was later used in Dress Up Day.
- There are no Kevin or Duarte versions produced for this episode, possibly because the producers of those versions thought it would be too hard for them to make the UK and Pistas da Blue versions.
- This is the last episode of the 20th century, future episodes will be aired in the 21st century.
- This episode is available on the 2002 VHS Reading with Blue.
- This episode's title is a play on the song "Words" by The Monkees.
- The interment for the first clue was reused in Dress Up Day
- When Steve sings The So Long Song, his hair from the next produced episode was used.
- Same thing happened with Blue's Big Mystery when Steve reviewed the first clue.
- A clip from the Skidoo Segment was used for Nick Jr.'s Word Play segment in 2012.
- When Mr. Salt says, "You're our only hope.", it is a reference to the Princess Leia phrase in Star Wars.
- The Character Voices and Steve's Friends credit slides were swapped. Another swap happens in What's New, Blue?.
- Jennifer Michelle Brown is credited as Jennifer Brown.
|Blue's Clues Season 3|
|Blue's Big Treasure Hunt | Art Appreciation | Weight and Balance | What's That Sound? | Animal Behavior! | Blue's Big Pajama Party | Draw Along with Blue | Hide and Seek | Thankful | Blue's Big Holiday | Pool Party | Anatomy | Signs | Nature | Geography | Occupations | Blue's Big Mystery | Periwinkle Misses His Friend | Blue's Big Musical | What's So Funny? | Blue's Big Costume Party | Inventions | Blue's Play | Prehistoric Blue | The Wrong Shirt | Words | Shy | Magenta Gets Glasses | Environments | Stormy Weather | Blue's Collection | Café Blue|