"What Is Blue Trying to Do?" is the nineteenth episode of Blue's Clues from Season 2. It was the thirty ninth to be produced and aired.
- Steve (North America)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Slippery Soap
- Baby Bear
- Question: What Is Blue Trying to Do?
- 1. A Finished Picture of Steve and Blue
- 2. A Pencil
- 3. Blue
- Answer: Write Her Name
- Living room picture: The train at the bottom of a hill, then racing to the top of a hill, then at the top of a hill, then at the top of a hill (later zoomed in a little bit)
- Skidoo location: Baby Bear's room
When trying to do something, it helps if you do not say that you cannot do it and also if you get a little encouragement. So they help some of our friends to do some things they have been trying to do. They help Slippery to blow a big bubble. They help Baby Bear find her picture and we help Steve with a puzzle he has been working on.
- Blue becomes a clue in this episode. This is the first time that happened.
- Steve recalls the time he became a clue from Magenta Comes Over, which was 20 episodes before this one.
- The toys in the area (where Blue later hid as a clue) are the white-spotted puppy, a blue version of the pink toy hippo, the toy giraffe, a tiny aquamarine rubber duck with a dark blue bill, Sock Monkey, a purple doll with blue overalls, a green book, and the blue teddy bear.
- This marks the last time where a question is asked as the name of the episode.
- This was the 13th episode to use the usual No It's a clue line from Adventures in Art.
- The Mailtime Song footage was the same footage as What Game Does Blue Want to Learn?
- This is the only episode where the viewers see Slippery Soap's mad face.
- There is no Kevin or Duarte version of this episode.
- When Steve gets to Sidetable to get the Notebook, he used his hair from earlier this season. Probably an deleted scene from Blue’s Senses.
- This is the sixth time Steve finds out the viewer tells him that they found a clue after using his listening skills. The first was Mailbox's Birthday (before finding the first and third clues), the second was Blue's Favorite Song (before finding the third clue), the third was Blue Goes to the Beach (before finding the second clue), the fourth was Pretend Time (before finding the second clue), the fifth was Math! (before finding the second clue), the seventh was Anatomy (before finding the first clue), the eighth was Pool Party (before finding the third clue), the ninth was Magenta Gets Glasses (before finding the second clue) and the tenth was Adventure (before finding the third clue). Joe also did this in Bedtime Business when Joe finds a toothbrush after the video letter and picks it up.
- Although Steve sang the theme song, the voiceovers "Pawprint" and "Clue" were from What Story Does Blue Want to Play?, making it the last time it happened. Usually when the singing happens the "Pawprint" and "Clue" were from What Does Blue Want to Make?.
- It was reversed in the said episode.
- The children in the video letter said "Hi Steve and Blue" although Blue wasn't anywhere near the Thinking Chair around that time.
- This also happens in The Lost Episode!