"What Game Does Blue Want to Learn?" is the fifteenth episode of Blue's Clues from the second season. It was the thirty-fifth episode to be aired.
Steve invites the viewers into the house as he and Blue learn new games to play. While playing Blue's Clues to figure out what game Blue wants to learn, we also play tic-tac-toe with a felt friend, a math trick with Mailbox, and "Mother May I" with Shovel and Pail.
- Question: What Game Does Blue Want to Learn?
- 1. Numbers
- 2. A Piece of Chalk
- 3. A Shape (Hopscotch Board)
- Answer: Hopscotch
- Living room picture: Starfish's maze to a castle
- Felt Frame picture: Fifi playing a tic tac toe (Skidoo location)
- Steve (North America)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt (cameo)
- Mrs. Pepper (cameo)
- Starfish (in living room picture)
- Piranha Plant
- Felt Friends
Steve needs to get his notebook from Sidetable Drawer. Sidetable Drawer opens up her drawer. The notebook is on the left side. Steve reaches in and grabs his notebook. He tells the viewers that to play Blue's Clues they had to find a paw-print because that is the first clue and then they had to put it in their notebook because they are Blue's Clues, they had to find another paw-print, that is the second clue, put it in their notebook because they are Blue's Clues. They had to find the last paw-print, that is the third clue, they put in the notebook because they are Blue's Clues and they had to sit in the thinking chair and think.
- This is the second time Steve juggles. He was first seen juggling in The Trying Game.
- When Steve said "Our Third Clue!", he used his original Season 1 voice.
- In the Mailtime segment, Blue's singing was from Snack Time instead of Blue's Favorite Song.
- Several recurring toys (like the rubber duck, the blue teddy bear, and blue versions of the toy giraffe and the toy monkey) appear in this episode.
- This is the first of two consecutive episodes where both of the first two clues are drawn in the living room.
- When Steve says "We'll play Blue's Clues to figure out what game Blue wants to learn", the sound effect that plays when Steve opens his hands and says "Blue's Clues" is heard even though he didn't open his hands at all.
- When Steve says "You just got to follow the L", a boom mic can be seen.
- Before singing, Steve does not say "We just figured out Blue's Clues!", but instead he says, "That's the answer to Blue's Clues!".
- A really quiet older Mailbox sound from "Snack Time" can be heard after "The Mailtime Song."
- Before singing The So Long Song, Steve does not say, "Thank you so much for all your help today."
- When Steve finished drawing the third clue, the pawprint did not come off of the shape.
|Blue's Clues Season 2|
|Steve Gets the Sniffles | What Does Blue Want to Build? | Blue's Senses | What Experiment Does Blue Want to Try? | What Does Blue Want to Make Out of Recycled Things? | What Was Blue's Dream About? | Blue's ABCs | Math! | Blue's Birthday | What Does Blue Want to Do with Her Picture? | What Does Blue Want to Do on a Rainy Day? | Blue's Surprise at Two O'Clock | The Lost Episode! | Blue's Sad Day | What Game Does Blue Want to Learn? | What Did Blue See? | Nurture! | Blue Is Frustrated | What Is Blue Trying to Do? | Mechanics!|