"What Does Blue Want to Make?" is the fifteenth episode of Blue's Clues from the first season. It was the seventeenth episode aired in the United States.
- Question: What Does Blue Want to Make?
- 1. Yarn
- 2. Two Buttons
- 3. A Sock
- Answer to Blue's Clues: A sock puppet
- Wrong Answer: Blue wants to button up her sock with yarn
- Living room picture: Bakery (Skidoo location)
Steve and Blue invite the viewers into the Blue's Clues house. They were making newspaper hats. Blue wanted to make something else. They play a game of Blue's Clues to figure out what Blue wants to make. Steve gets his notebook from Sidetable Drawer and then he starts looking for the three clues. He found a very long strand of yarn and followed it to the kitchen table, where he sees a paw print at the end of the yarn line, meaning that the first clue is yarn. Steve and Blue then help Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper with a macaroni picture frame with a pattern sequence. Mailbox then came to deliver the mail. In the Video Letter segment, some kids were making newspaper hats too (Steve and Blue did that earlier). After that, Steve found the second clue on some buttons. Next, Steve helped the Felt Friends figure out what their masterpieces are. Afterward, he and Blue Skidoo into the bakery to help out Bowl and Spatula make Banana Cake. They gather the right ingredients to make banana cake. After that, Steve tried to skidoo back home and slips on a red sock (which was among the ingredients earlier) revealing a paw print on it. Steve then sees that the sock is the third clue and draws it in his notebook. Now Steve had to skidoo back home to put all the clues together. The clues were yarn, buttons, and a sock. Steve thought Blue wanted to button up the sock with yarn. But the answer was making a sock puppet. They make sock puppets by the craft table. Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper come by with their sock puppet, Steve sees that the Felt Friends are making a masterpiece of the sock puppet, and Bowl and Spatula arrive with the finished banana cake. After that, Steve and the sock puppet sing the So Long Song and the episode ends.
- After fourteen episodes, Blue hides somewhere different.
- She hides behind the house and will continue to do so for the rest of this season.
- The Felt Friends made Masterpieces with their shapes like a sunflower and an ice cream cone.
- After only fourteen episodes, the lyrics to the Play Blue's Clues get updated to the most common one played until the season six episode "Love Day".
- This is the fifth episode to use the usual No it's a clue line from "Adventures in Art".
- Blue barked twice with the updated theme lyrics, but was put into permanent use in "What Does Blue Want to Build?".
- This episode introduces Steve's sock puppet, which we will see again in several future episodes, including Puppets.
- In the Mail Time Segment, Mailbox pops in wearing a newspaper hat that Blue made for him.
- In the Mailtime song, Steve's design from early season one is used.
- This also happens in "Tickety's Favorite Nursery Rhyme" and "What Is Blue Afraid Of?".
- Especially when Steve gets his notebook during the rest of the episodes this season until the Season 2 premiere episode "Steve Gets the Sniffles" and the So Long Song until the season finale episode "Blue's News".
- Starting with this episode, Steve's hair is now shorter.
- Mr. Salt appeared in the Skidoo scene to add "a pinch of salt". He wasn't seen skidooing until "Café Blue".
- Even though the Blue's Clues theme song has changed, the retro format (until the later Season 2 episode "Blue's Birthday") and the message from Steve after getting the notebook when he stands up in front of the walls (until the later Season 2 finale "Mechanics!") have remained. The only other thing that has changed is his haircut but with a refreshed version of the same one as early Season 1 episodes.
- Starting with this episode, when Steve tells the viewers he needs their help figuring out the clues, he is wearing his hair from "What Is Blue Afraid Of?". This also happens during the theme song.
- This is the first episode where the third clue (which is not an audio clue) is seen without the pawprint after Steve draws it (not counting the third clue from Blue's Story Time, where the pawprint is still seen until Steve skidoos back home).
- Clips from this episode were seen in the story that Josh read in this video on the Blue's Clues & You! YouTube channel.
- In Pistas Da Blue version, when Duarte says Entender o que devemos fazer, his face looks like he is angry.
- When Steve says "We just got a letter", a boom mic can be seen.
- When Steve follows the yarn, there is another glitch where Steve appears to be walking outside the background of the kitchen.
- When Steve says "it smells like, bananas." the last glitch is shown where his legs were cut off.
- The OST is different for this episode.
- During the Mailtime segment, part of the left side of the thinking chair is also cut off.
- In the bakery, when Steve says "Uh," there is a slight echo.
|Blue's Clues Season 1|
|Snack Time | What Time Is It for Blue? | Mailbox's Birthday | Blue's Story Time | What Does Blue Need? | Blue's Favorite Song | Adventures in Art | Blue Goes to the Beach | Pretend Time | A Snowy Day | The Trying Game | Blue Wants to Play a Game | The Grow Show | Blue Wants to Play a Song Game | What Does Blue Want to Make? | What Story Does Blue Want to Play? | Tickety's Favorite Nursery Rhyme | What Is Blue Afraid Of? | Magenta Comes Over | Blue's News|