"What's So Funny?" is the 20th episode of Blue's Clues from Season 3.
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Duarte (Portugal)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Tickety Tock
- Mr. Salt
- Sock Puppet
- Billy Chicken (debut)
- Sock Monkey
What's so funny? That is the question as Steve and Blue get silly.
- Question: What makes Blue laugh?
- 1. A Ball
- 2. Another Ball
- 3. Another Ball
- Answer: Juggling
- Skidoo: Silly Town
- Living room picture: An egg, then the addition of eyes, then the addition of a nose, then the addition of a mouth, then the addition of a rainbow wig
The Blue's Clues House has become extremely silly today. Steve is more than happy to participate, by doing funny stuff such as putting a shoe on his head and his ear and trying to make Blue laugh. Sidetable joins in by first giving Steve a potato when he goes to get his notebook. We come across Shovel and Pail, who find that Gopher's popping up all over the backyard, although they are not sure exactly where he is going to show up next. We figure out that he pops up in predictable patterns. Later, we skidoo into Silly Town. Silly Town is a strange, mixed-up place. Looking around, we find everything from a banana being used as a hammer to a backwards park.
- Music & Talent Coordinator Katie McWane is one of Steve's Friends in this episode, as well as Jennifer Michele Brown, a relative of Content Consultant Laura G. Brown(not this episode).
- This episode acts like a comedy.
- This episode could be considered as an April Fools episode despite airing in October 2000.
- This is the third time that Steve juggles.
- This is the ninth time Steve wears his tan shoes.
- This was not the last time Steve wore his tan shoes, because he wore his tan shoes one more time in "Blue's Backyard Ballgame Bonanza".
- The theme song in this episode is re-recorded and not the footage from Hide and Seek/Art Appreciation.
- This was the only time all three clues are the same.
- They were three balls.
- In the UK version, after the Mailtime song, Kevin laughs and says "Watch this!". But in the US version, Steve just looks at the viewer and smiles.
- Some scenes on Pistas da Blue version that Duarte's hair from Season 2-Early Season 3 was almost used.
- This episode was later remade in Blue's Clues & You!, as titled Laugh with Blue.
- When the kids say "Bye, Steve!", a silly sound follows the end of the "We Are Looking For Blue's Clues" melody, but Blue barking does not.
- This is the only time Blue closed the letter, and not Steve.
- At the end of the episode, one of the balls was not really a ball, it was a nectarine, which was just like a ball so Steve could eat it.
- Sidetable Drawer gave Steve a potato instead of the Notebook. This is because Sidetable Drawer was funny.
- In the Korean version, HyunShup Shin cannot juggle.
- He simply tries to juggle and makes the balls fall down, but picks up one ball and tries to eat it like Steve and Kevin did.
- This was one of only two episodes where Shovel appears in his mirrored reflection and without Pail during the credits. The other one was I Did That!.
- Mr. Salt appears without Mrs. Pepper, except during the credits.
- In Pistas da Blue version, After the sock puppet picks up the notebook, The viewers' phrase Bloco! plays late. And, when Duarte is about to picks up the notebook, a crew member can be seen replacing the ball with the notebook.
- At the end of this episode, the Nick Jr. Productions logo music begins when the series title fade to black, and as a result, the logo's visual is out of sync. This also happens in Blue's Big Costume Party and Blue Takes You to School.
|Blue's Clues Season 3|
|Blue's Big Treasure Hunt | Art Appreciation | Weight and Balance | What's That Sound? | Animal Behavior! | Blue's Big Pajama Party | Draw Along with Blue | Hide and Seek | Thankful | Blue's Big Holiday | Pool Party | Anatomy | Signs | Nature | Geography | Occupations | Blue's Big Mystery | Periwinkle Misses His Friend | Blue's Big Musical | What's So Funny? | Blue's Big Costume Party | Inventions | Blue's Play | Prehistoric Blue | The Wrong Shirt | Words | Shy | Magenta Gets Glasses | Environments | Stormy Weather | Blue's Collection | Café Blue|