"Tickety's Favorite Nursery Rhyme" is the seventeenth episode of Blue's Clues from the first season. It was the sixteenth episode aired in the United States.
Blue, Steve, and Tickety are going to read Tickety's favorite nursery rhyme…but which one is it? We play Blue's Clues to figure it out. Along the way, we practice alliteration with Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper, solve analogies with our race-car friend, and help Sheep finish her rhyming poem.
- Question: What is Tickety's favorite nursery rhyme?
- 1. The Number One
- 2. A Grandfather Clock
- 3. A Mouse
- Answer to Blue's Clues: Hickory Dickory Dock
- Wrong Answer: The clock that struck 1 and was afraid of a mouse
- Living room picture: Three smiley faces in a tub
- Skidoo location: A nursery rhyme book
Steve and Blue invite the viewers to figure out Tickety's favorite nursery rhyme. Steve reads the story of Mary Had a Little Lamb. That was not Tickety's favorite rhyme. She whispers in Blue's ear to tell about her true favorite rhyme. After she has finished whispering, Steve plays a game Blue's Clues to figure out the answer. Steve gets the notebook from Sidetable Drawer. Steve finds the first clue on the number one. After that, they help Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper put in foods that start with P. The letter he receives from Mailbox is about three kids playing rhyme "Peter Piper". Steve finds the second clue on the Grandfather Clock.
Later on, they help some mini people solve the crossing guard's riddles and help a black sheep with a poem in a skidoo segment. Black Sheep had to figure out what word rhymes with fox and box. They picked blocks. Then black sheep had to figure out two words that rhyme with goat. They choose a boat and coat. Then, Black Sheep had to find out what two words rhyme with a shoe. It was blue and canoe. The whole poem goes: There once was a fox on a box playing with blocks. Then he saw a goat riding in a boat dressed in a coat. Then the fox jumped off the box. Put on one show and paddled to the goat in a blue canoe. After the poem, Steve was trying to look for Blue. Steve lifts the box and mice were scurrying around.
One of them had a pawprint on it. Steve draws the third clue, a mouse in his notebook. After that, Steve Skidoos back home to put all three clues together. The clues were one, a grandfather clock and a mouse. Steve thought it was a nursery rhyme where the clock struck one and that the clock was afraid of the mouse. But that was not it. The answer was Hickory Dickory Dock. After figuring out Blue's Clues, Steve reads Tickety's Nursery Rhyme. Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper, the mini people, and Black Sheep joined in. After that reading Tickety's Nursery Rhyme. Steve had a rhyme of his own. The rhyme starts as: There once was a puppy, her fur was all blue. For whatever she wanted, she left us a clue. Sometimes in the garden, in the sink, once we find all three of them together, we sit down and think". Steve sings the So Long Song and the episode ends.
- Two of Steve's Friends in this episode are Executive Producer Todd Kessler and Art & Animation Manager Soo Kyung Kim. Olivia McGill is also credited as one of them, a relative of future friend of Joe, Mallory McGill.
- The line, "No a Clue", from The Grow Show was used twice.
- Jenna Marie Castle, who later joined the main cast as Paprika, lends her voice to one of Steve's friends in this episode.
- This episode premiered alongside "Magenta Comes Over" as part of Blue's Big Monday on Nick Jr.
- One of the toy people is named Joe, which is also the name of Steve's Brother.
- This episode can be seen on the Nickelodeon Sleepytime Stories DVD.
- This episode marks one of the few episodes where the question for Blue's Clues didn't involve Blue herself because it involves Tickety.
- Tickety whispered the answer to Blue after Steve asked her the question.
- This is the first episode with rhymes. The second was Rhyme Time.
- In the Mailtime Segment the footage was the same as Pretend Time and The Grow Show!.
- When Steve wails "Mail!" Mailbox pops in.
- Mailbox tells us about a tongue-twister he came up with: Seven Special Silver Stamps.
- During the So Long Song, Steve's hair from the Snack Time idents is used, though this might have been a deleted scene while filming that episode.
- Another possible deleted shot from the episode was used in What Does Blue Need?.
- A couple of Steve's Friends in this episode are members of the show staff.
- When Steve says "A rhyme!!" his voice is similar to how he sounded earlier on in the season.
- When Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper both say "The mail's here!", the audio is taken from What Does Blue Want to Make?.
- When Steve sings We Just Figured Out Blue's Clues, Steve doesn't say "because we're really smart" for the last part, Steve says "and that's great news". This is the first time Steve sings a different line in the song. The song would then be used again in the next two produced episodes, and in Blue's News they did change the song altogether, making all of these episodes the ones in the first season to not use a part of this song.
- This episode features a Noggin newspaper logo.
- Clips from this episode were seen in the story that Josh read in this video on the Blue's Clues & You! YouTube channel.
|Blue's Clues Season 1|
|Snack Time | What Time Is It for Blue? | Mailbox's Birthday | Blue's Story Time | What Does Blue Need? | Blue's Favorite Song | Adventures in Art | Blue Goes to the Beach | Pretend Time | A Snowy Day | The Trying Game | Blue Wants to Play a Game | The Grow Show | Blue Wants to Play a Song Game | What Does Blue Want to Make? | What Story Does Blue Want to Play? | Tickety's Favorite Nursery Rhyme | What Is Blue Afraid Of? | Magenta Comes Over | Blue's News|