"The Lost Episode!" is the thirteenth episode of Blue's Clues from the second season. It was the thirty-fourth episode to be aired.
Steve invites the viewers into the house and they learn about what to do if they have lost something.
- Question: Where was Blue when she lost her backpack?
- 1. Flowers
- 2. Grass
- 3. A Tree
- Answer: Outside
- Living room picture: Little Bo Peep searching for her lost sheep, then Little Bo Peep with her sheep
- Skidoo location: Felix's hometown
- Felt Frame picture: 3 little kittens lost their mittens
This plot summary is incomplete. You can help Blue's Clues Wiki by completing it.
- From Research & Development, Manager Allison Gilman and Director Dr. Alice Wilder are both friends of Steve in this episode, as well as Cassandra McGill and Ryan Rodriguez, relatives of Joe's friend Mallory McGill and Steve's friend Jenna Rodriguez, respectively.
- This was the twelfth episode to use the usual "No, it's a clue!" line from Adventures in Art.
- Steve cleaned up the paw print with the feather duster from "What Time Is It for Blue?", which he found while looking for the puppet he made for Blue and later lost in his back pocket.
- When Steve went over to Shovel and Pail, he pretends to be an airplane just like he did in "Pretend Time" because Pail lost her toy airplane.
- Also, the music playing when Shovel and Pail were playing with their toy cars is the same as the one for the vegetable cars from "Magenta Comes Over"
- The "Go Back" song was later sung in I'm So Happy!, as so as Felix.
- This is another time "A clue!" was heard from "Blue's Birthday", "Math!", "Nurture!", "What Experiment Does Blue Want to Try?", "What Does Blue Want to Do on a Rainy Day?" and "Weight and Balance".
- This is the third episode where viewers say "Notebook!" from "Mailbox's Birthday" was not used.
- This is the first time the viewers interact with the video letter.
- They would interact with the video letter again in "Joe's Clues".
- The music for the "Go Back" song (specifically the version that played when everyone was looking for Blue's backpack) also played as a piece of background music for several PC games like Blue's 123 Time Activities.
- In the credits, Blue's 1st action, Tickety's 2nd action and Mr. Salt & Mrs. Pepper are all replaced with Felix getting his hat, book and suitcase.
- In the Shockwave version of this episode, the tuba replaces the lunch box, the boombox replaces the tuba, and the toy airplane replaces the boombox.
- The children in the video letter said "Hi Steve and Blue" although Blue was not anywhere near the Thinking Chair around that time.
- This also happens in What Is Blue Trying to Do?
- Some things happened after the third clue
- When the third clue is seen, the mast of a boom mic can be seen on the upper right corner.
- After Steve drew the third clue on his notebook, the pawprint is still seen on the tree, but, also, the size and color changed. However, this was fixed in the UK and Portugal versions after Kevin and Duarte drew the clue.
- The thumping sound heard when Steve sits in the Thinking Chair was played late, which also happens in early Season 2 episodes, some of which it plays early.
"Go back, go back, go back! Go back to where you were!"