The Legend of the Blue Puppy is the first episode of Blue's Clues from season 6.
- Blue (puppet form debut)
- Polka Dots (puppet form debut)
- Sidetable Drawer (inanimate cameo)
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Tickety Tock
- Slippery Soap
- Boris (cameo)
- Snail (cameo)
- Sun (cameo)
- Moona (debut)
- Key (debut)
- Boogie Woogie (debut)
- Doodleboard (debut)
- Roar E. Saurus (debut)
- Dress Up Chest (debut)
- Silly Seat (debut)
- Frederica (debut)
- Bookshelf (debut)
- Blue Talks (2004)
- Nick Jr. Favorites: Volume 1 (DVD, 2005)
- Blue's Biggest Stories (DVD, 2006)
On a night with a blue moon filling the sky, a moon fairy named Moona appears outside the Blue's Clues house and tells Blue a story about her birth under a blue moon, with a key that will unlock her greatest gift. We follow Moona to find this key and once we have it, a great hunt all over the Blue's Clues house begins to find the lock that it fits. Once that's found, the key unlocks Blue's Room, a special playroom where she is able to talk. Here, Blue can meet lots of new friends, but the most important thing about it is that she can communicate orally. We take part in games such as Boogie Woogie, Dress Up Chest, Silly Seat, and Doodle Board.
This plot summary is incomplete. You can help Blue's Clues Wiki by completing it.
- This is the very first episode that Blue has an ability to talk.
- This is also the first episode we see her in puppet form.
- This is the first episode where Mailbox, Shovel, Pail, Paprika, Cinnamon, and Magenta are absent altogether.
- This was the last episode to use the previous season's intro, but in variation. For one thing, there's no Another Blue's Clues Day. Blue barks differently when she jumps in, and instead of Steve's/Joe's house, the bush, and the tree swing popping up, once Blue opens the book, it shows a blue crescent moon in a darkish blue sky. Also, instead of Blue skidooing into the Blue's Clues book, she instead wobbles in excitement, and the scene in the book zooms in full-frame, and the episode continues from then on.
- Due to the plot of the episode, this episode does not include Play Blue's Clues, Mailtime, Video Letter and Skidoo segments in this episode.
- This is the third episode where the Play Blue's Clues was not featured.
- The other being 100th Episode Celebration.
- This is the first episode for Season 6, and to air in 2004.
- Despite being the first episode of the series, it was the 6th produced. It was also filmed a year prior to release.
- This episode premiered on February 8, 2004 on Nick Jr. (primetime premiere on Nickelodeon) and was also later re-shown on Noggin on July 29, 2004.
- This is the first episode to have Moona appear for this season.
- She appeared in the official TV series Blue's Room.
- This is the first episode in which the Goodbye Song was not sung, but it would be sung in the next episode Love Day. This will happen again in Meet Blue's Baby Brother.
- The Talking Clues are absent in this episode.
- This is the first episode combining the traditional Blue's Clues elements with the Blue's Room segment.
- As Blue grew up, her ears started getting longer.
- Starting with this episode, Victoria Pontecorvo provides Blue's voice in the Blue's Room segments, while Leslie C. Rudolph does the puppetry.
- When the scene of Blue reading a book and listening to music is shown, the shortened parts of the "So Long Song" can be heard.
- The instrumental version of "Go, Blue, Go, Find the Lock For Your Key" was heard in the closing credits.
- Parts of the story from the legend are similar to the story heard in Blue the puppy was actually suppose to be an orange cat.
- According to Moona, all other dogs act as they do for real and are not colored like in animation. It is possible that there could be a special moon for Magenta and Green Puppy, but since they are not the main characters of the show, their moons are not shown or mentioned.
- This is the first and only episode where Sean Hanley voices Slippery Soap.
- This is the first episode where Jansen Panettiere voices Periwinkle. Kenny Kim no longer voices Periwinkle.
- The voice of Moona was done by Christiana Anbri.
- A drawing of "the cow who jumped over the moon" from "Blue's ABCs" can be seen on a picture on the bedroom wall.
- It looks exactly the way Steve drew them as clues.
- The Sun from "What Experiment Does Blue Want to Try?" appears on a call reminder on the cork-board, similar to Magenta, Tink in "What Does Blue Want to Build?", Steve's Grandmother in "Blue's Big Treasure Hunt", The Architect in "Occupations", and Turquoise in "Prehistoric Blue".
- It is revealed that the bench in the sunroom has a lock.
- Joe wears a blue squared shirt in this episode.
- In the closing credit sequence, starting with this episode, the ball and Blue still come in from Season 5, but after she barks, a different version of the closing Blue's Clues book appeared and it closed up before Blue even began moving away with her ball, Plus, the book closed in a different direction, with the magic sparkles coming out from that side.
- This is the first episode to have the Blue's Room segment.
- This episode marks the debut of Moona during the credits, appearing on both sides. But this was the David B. Levy version. Dale Clowdis's version can be found in The Fairy Tale Ball and Bluestock.
- When Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper deliver the cookies, you can see that there is only one blue crescent moon cookie on the plate. But after Key see's two key-shaped cookies, Joe picks up another blue crescent moon cookie that was not seen on the plate when delivered.
- It appears that the episode takes place at night. However, when the camera zooms out to show the entire view of the house at the end of the episode, it appears to be daytime. It's possible that the sun rose during the Blue's Room segment.
- In the flashback when Moona says that Blue used to sit up and clap her paws, Blue actually sat down and clapped her paws.
- On the VideoNow Jr version there is an error which is throughout the entire episode, in which the Blue's Clues house, the Blue's Clues book and the Nick Jr productions are a dark red colour instead of the normal yellow
|Blue's Clues Season 6|
|The Legend of the Blue Puppy | Love Day | Blue's Wishes | Joe's Clues | Skidoo Adventure | Playdates | The Fairy Tale Ball | Soccer Practice | Bluestock | Meet Blue's Baby Brother|