The Boat Float is the tenth episode of Blue's Clues from season 5.
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt (opening sequence, drawing, credits only)
- Mrs. Pepper
- Slippery Soap
Blue, Joe, and their friends make boats for the boat float.
- Question: What kind of boat should we make for the boat float?
- 1. The Color Red
- 2. A Hose
- 3. A Siren
- Answer: A fireboat
- Skidoo location: Boat book (Harbor)
- Living room: A pirate's wheel, then a lifesaver
- Felt Frame: Freddy as a sailboat
- Knights of the Snack Table (DVD, 2007)
- Make sure that the boat you are making does not have a hole on the bottom.
- Make sure that you do not put too much weight on the boat.
- Boats act as a balance scale. That means there has to be equal weight on both sides.
- Raise your anchor so you can move your speedboat or ship.
- Put up your sail on the sailboat so the wind can blow on the sail making the sailboat move.
- Put a paddle on both sides of your rowboat or canoe so you can paddle straight.
- Tie your boat up to a pier close to the dock so people can board the boat or ship safely.
- This is the 2nd time where a clue was the color red, the first episode where a clue that was red was from Let's Plant.
- On Streaming Services, such as Amazon Prime and iTunes, this episode is listed as a Season 4 episode.
- This episode is on the Blue's Room DVD "Knights of the Snack Table."
- This is Joe’s version of What Experiment Does Blue Want to Try?.
- Joe wears a red squared shirt in this episode.
- This is also the first full episode where Joe is seen with his red shirt.
- This is the only episode where Joe skidoos in something in the bedroom and on the ground in his red shirt.
- In other episodes with his red shirt, he skidoos into the felt frame.
- Mrs. Pepper appears without Mr. Salt, however, Mr. Salt makes a cameo in a drawing and appears with her in the credits.
- The credit's character order is recycled from Can You Help?.