The Talking Clues are clues drawn in the notebook and then becoming magically animated so they can talk and sing.
The talking clues are notebook drawings that have black eyes and a pink mouth. Some of the clues have black mouths, dimples on the mouth, and/or eyebrows.
Talking clues were first introduced in late Season 5. They continued from then and throughout Season 6.
- Our Neighborhood Festival
- Blue Takes You to School
- Meet Polka Dots!
- Body Language
- Blue's Big Car Trip
- Look Carefully...
- I Did That!
- Animals in Our House?
- Morning Music
- They were absent in eight episodes: The Scavenger Hunt, Let's Write!, Magenta's Messages, Blue's First Holiday, The Legend of the Blue Puppy, Skidoo Adventure, Bluestock and Meet Blue's Baby Brother. The first three episodes listed have been produced before the talking clues were introduced.
- They have received negative feedback from fans.
- Several of the clues were voiced by Brianna Gentilella, who also voiced Dictionary and Handy Dandy Journal in Blue's Room, as well as the Season 1 voice and singing voice for Molly on Bubble Guppies.
- The talking clues always have the same phrase when the third clue is in the notebook. They always say, "Now that we're three, what will we be?"