Soccer Practice is the eighth episode of Blue's Clues from season 6.
- Joe (uncredited)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt (credits)
- Mrs. Pepper (credits)
- Purple Kangaroo
- Orange Kitten
- Key (cameo)
- Polka Dots
- Roar E. Saurus
- Silly Seat
- Handy Dandy Journal
Blue and some friends learn how to play soccer professionally.
Joe leads the viewer to the park where Blue, Sidetable, and other characters are playing a game of soccer. Joe decides to play Blue's Clues in a unique way: every time someone scores a goal, they earn a clue. Joe is the coach and provides practical soccer tips about things such as how to avoid bumping into each other and not giving up. At Mailtime, Mailbox gives Joe a letter sent by soccer-playing children showing the viewer what real soccer looks like. Mailbox asks Joe if using your head in soccer is allowed. Joe tells Mailbox that you can use anything except your hands in soccer. Mailbox is relieved. The soccer game resumes. The players learn the importance of stretching and of sharing with our teammates. In Blue's Room, Blue and the viewer talk about soccer and have some fun playing a soccer drawing game with Doodle Board.
- Question: What could we do after soccer practice?
- 1. A Truck
- 2. A Cone
- 3. Circles
- Answer: Eat Ice Cream
- Brooke Matar, one of the inspirations of journal drawings of Blue's Room, is one of Joe's Friends in this episode. So is Moses Rubin, a relative of Michael Rubin, who does Music & Sound Design.
- This is the second episode for a few things:
- This is the only episode for a few things:
- The only episode where Joe wears his athletic clothes, which include a T-Shirt, a hoodie with the squares pattern, sweatpants, and red soccer shoes, which resembles his pajamas.
- The only episode where Sidetable's inanimate form does not appear at all.
- The first of the two Season 6 episodes not to be released on VHS. This episode of Blue's Clues was first found on the Nick Jr. DVD "All About Fall."
- As of 2020, this is the only home media release outside of Amazon Prime and iTunes where you can see this episode.
- The other was Meet Blue's Baby Brother, since that episode was too new for VHS.
- This is Joe’s version of Blue's Backyard Ballgame Bonanza.
- This is the last episode for a few things:
- The last Blue's Clues episode with the Talking Clues.
- The last episode in which Joe sings the Mailtime Song.
- This is also the last time to use Blue's Modern Singing for the Mailtime Song.
- The last episode in which Joe's normal Handy Dandy Notebook was used, because in Meet Blue's Baby Brother, it was replaced with a golden notebook.
- At the end of the Mailtime song, Joe says "GOAL!" instead of "MAIL!" before correcting himself.
- When Purple Kangaroo and Magenta bump into each other and fall down, Magenta's glasses fall off.
- Usually, Joe asks the viewers a question and the viewer explains. But in this episode, they don't need to, but they do explain the answer to Blue's Clues.
- A deleted scene shows that Green Puppy was going to be in the episode.
- This is another episode where all 3 clues are found outside.
- This is the first episode where a character mentions not having a certain body part. That character is Mailbox. And in this case, Joe told Mailbox that he only had a flag.
- Joe wears a multicolored squared soccer uniform in this episode.
- These were the ice cream flavors that were given:
- Joe, Blue, and Magenta: Chocolate
- Orange Kitten and Sidetable Drawer: Vanilla
- Periwinkle and Purple Kangaroo: Strawberry
- This is the last episode to have animated clues.
- All of the character appearances in the credits are their last, so farewell to all of them: the original animation of Blue upside-down, Mr. Salt & Mrs. Pepper, and both sides of Moona.
- As a dog, Blue should not have chosen chocolate as her ice cream flavor. In real life, chocolate is toxic to dogs if taken in large amounts (although here it does not apply due to cartoon logic)
- Magenta shouldn't have chocolate either.
- Similarly, the viewer is pretended to be given chocolate, despite the fact that some people might be allergic to chocolate, and some other people may not like it all.
- During Play Blue's Clues, when the viewer said the word "goal", if you listen closely you can hear the same voice from the video letter.
- During the entire Mailtime song, Mailbox can be seen on the left. Then he disappears before coming in with the mail.
- Joe's starring credit is excluded in this episode.
- Whenever the basketball in the box bounces and yells "Bounce!", the football would bounce and yell "TOUCHDOWN!"
|Blue's Clues Season 6|
|The Legend of the Blue Puppy | Love Day | Blue's Wishes | Joe's Clues | Skidoo Adventure | Playdates | The Fairy Tale Ball | Soccer Practice | Bluestock | Meet Blue's Baby Brother|