Sidetable is an anthropomorphic namesake object and the keeper of the Handy Dandy Notebook. She lives in the living room to the left of the Thinking Chair. Whenever Steve, Joe or Josh starts a game of Blue's Clues, they go to Sidetable and ask her for their notebook. She usually holds Steve's telephone on top of her and often has many useful items in her drawer, depending on the situation.
Sidetable is very talented when it comes to singing and loves to perform on stage. Her singing pitch is around second soprano. She can be shy at times and can, unfortunately, let her shyness get in the way of her singing dreams. Sidetable likes all kinds of music, especially rap.
Sidetable is red with an orange drawer. The knob on her drawer is black and her tabletop is orange with a lighter yellow surface. There is a thick black outline around her table and drawer. Most of the time, Sidetable is in an inanimate form without any face on her drawer. When she becomes animate, her eyes are black and she has a bright red mouth.
In the reboot series, her tabletop is square instead of circular and she returns to her shade of red from the first season to the middle of the second season with gaining a wooden texture. She does not hold the phone anymore (though it was shown with Steve in "Meet Josh!"), as the Handy Dandy Notebook now doubles up as a smartphone, and has a tongue now.
Sidetable appears in every episode of Blue's Clues. Her first appearance was in the pilot episode, "Blue Prints." The only episode where she doesn't have a speaking role is "Blue's Big Car Trip," where she is only pictured as a painting in the intro sequence.
- Sidetable has the most speaking roles out of any character other than Blue. She speaks in every episode aside from "Blue's Big Car Trip," "The Legend of the Blue Puppy," and "Skidoo Adventure."
- Sidetable is voiced by the same actress, LaNae Allen, throughout the entire original series.
- She is the answer to Blue's Clues in "Blue's Big Musical Movie."
- In the first 17 episodes of the original series, Sidetable does not say anything other than her catchphrase: "Blue's Clues, I'm so excited!"
- Sidetable repeats the line "I just love Blue's Clues" for the last three episodes of the first season of the original series.
- In "Blue's Big Pajama Party," Sidetable says her catchphrase in her sleep.
- In "Math!", Sidetable's face appears onscreen before Steve gets his notebook.
- While Sidetable's face usually disappears during the theme song (with the exception of "Blue's Big Musical" and "Sleepy Singalong with Blue"), it reappeared at the end of the song in "What Does Blue Want to Build?" after Blue jumps on the screen to tell Steve he forgot his crayon.
- Sidetable gives the notebook somewhere other than the living room every once and a while. "Nature" is an example.
- Sidetable can be seen switching to her inanimate form at the end of "100th Episode Celebration."
|Blue • Steve • Joe • Mailbox • Sidetable|
Mr. Salt • Mrs. Pepper • Paprika • Cinnamon
Shovel • Pail • Tickety • Slippery
|Magenta • Periwinkle • Snail • Felt Friends • Turquoise|
|Other recurring characters|
|Baby Bear • Boris • Gingerbread Boy • Green Puppy • Horace|
Miranda • Miss Marigold • Orange Kitten • Purple Kangaroo
|List of minor characters|