"Shy" is the 20th episode of Blue's Clues from Season 3.
- Sidetable Drawer
- Felt Friends
- Orange Kitten
- Green Kitten
- Purple Kangaroo
- Miranda (debut)
- Sifter (debut)
- Duck (debut)
- Green Kangaroo (only appearance)
Steve and Blue teach the viewers what to do if you feel shy when Magenta's owner, Miranda comes to visit.
- Question: Who do you think Blue is feeling shy about?
- 1. A Bag
- 2. A Footprint
- 3. A Videotape (VHS)
- Answer: Miranda
- Skidoo location: Blue's School
- Living room picture: A friend greeting a person, then playing checkers, then building blocks, then playing catch, then back to playing checkers
- Kenny Kim, who will portray Periwinkle in Season 4, is one of Steve's Friends in this episode. Senior Storyboard Artist David Billings and the voice of Blue in Blue's Room, Victoria Pontecorvo, are also on the list.
- Sidetable's face appears before Blue left her paw print on the screen.
- Steve tells Mailbox that Blue used to be shy with him the first time Mailbox meet Blue.
- This is one of a handful of episodes where a live-action character that is not Steve or Joe appears, not counting the kids in the letters.
- In the videotape shown near the end, the tape referenced Blue's Birthday, Blue's Big Costume Party and Pool Party.
- At the beginning of/during the skidoo segment, when Duck is seen at the end, and during the credits, the Thinking Time segment music from Blue Wants to Play a Game is heard. The same situation happens at the beginning and after Duck is seen but this time the playdate music from Magenta Comes Over is heard twice when Miranda enters Steve and Blue's house.
- This was filmed in 1999.
- This is the second time they see Green Kitten.
- This is the first appearance of Magenta's owner, Miranda.
- There is no UK, Pistas da Blue or Korean version because the producers could not find a replacement for Miranda.
- Shannon Walker Williams portrayed the role of Miranda on this episode.
- She later came back in the episode Magenta Gets Glasses.
- This episode holds the record for the shortest episode title in the series.
- In the credits, Blue's 1st action was moved to the very beginning of the credits, while her 2nd action was moved to closer to the end of the credits, the credit sequence was unusually short as only Mailbox appeared with her and Shovel appeared without Pail.
- In the credits, the Duck, Duck, Goose music from Blue Wants to Play a Game plays.
- After Steve says, "Cause we're really smart.", the slow ending plays, but the normal one doesn't.
- When Steve asks "Where did Turquoise go?", his face was angry.
- Unlike other episodes, Blue's "goodbye barking and waving" was in the very beginning of the credits, and her upside down blinking was at the end of the credits. Normally, from this season onwards, it's the other way around.
|Blue's Clues Season 3|
|Blue's Big Treasure Hunt | Art Appreciation | Weight and Balance | What's That Sound? | Animal Behavior! | Blue's Big Pajama Party | Draw Along with Blue | Hide and Seek | Thankful | Blue's Big Holiday | Pool Party | Anatomy | Signs | Nature | Geography | Occupations | Blue's Big Mystery | Periwinkle Misses His Friend | Blue's Big Musical | What's So Funny? | Blue's Big Costume Party | Inventions | Blue's Play | Prehistoric Blue | The Wrong Shirt | Words | Shy | Magenta Gets Glasses | Environments | Stormy Weather | Blue's Collection | Café Blue|