Shape Searchers is the 12th episode of Blue's Clues from season 5.
- Joe (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Tickety Tock
- Boris (cameo)
We search for shapes in all sorts of places, pointing them out as we see them. We also have a Skidoo segment filled with shapes. We meet some shapes and show them how they can combine with other shapes to make various things.
- Question: Where should Joe and Blue go to search for shapes?
- 1. A Cash Register
- 2. A Cart (Shopping Trolley in the UK)
- 3. Food
- Answer: A grocery store (US)/A supermarket (UK)
- Living room picture: An oval and a circle, then a rectangle and a square, then a square and a triangle
- Place: Grocery Store
- Skidoo location: Felt Board
- Shapes and Colors! (VHS/DVD, 2003)
- Nickelodeon: Let's Learn Patterns and Shapes (DVD, 2014)
- Danielle and Jennifer Brown are credited as Joe's Friends, relatives of Laura G. Brown, a content consultant(not this episode).
- This episode can be seen on the Shapes and Colors! VHS and DVD with 2 bonus episodes from Arts and Crafts.
- This episode also appeared on the compilation DVD titled Nickelodeon Let's Learn Shapes.
- The mystery cues from What Does Blue Want to Do with Her Picture? & from Blue's Big Mystery were used.
- This is another time Blue's barking to the Mailtime song was muted. The last three are Weight and Balance, Occupations, and Blue's Play.
- New York City is seen during the video letter.
- Joe and Blue walk to the store, but in Café Blue, Steve, and Mr. Salt Skidooed there.
- The musical instruments for the clues have a slightly similar tune to Healthy Snacks.
- In the UK version, Kevin wears the green squared shirt for the first time as a new shirt, with squares being his new favorite shape. He lampshades this by saying, "Have you noticed anything different about me?" This could probably refer to Steve, in the US, leaving the series and being replaced by Joe, who wears a squared shirt. Therefore, Kevin was probably asked to change his shirt to a squared shirt.
- The answer in the US is the grocery store, but in the UK, it is the supermarket.
- Joe wears a red squared shirt in this episode.
- This is also the third time in the series Joe wears his red squared shirt.
- Joe sings The So Long Song in the grocery store.
- Mailbox debuts a new credit action in this episode. Instead of looping his flag around, he first waves it, then loops it around while leaving the credits. This will only be seen on Season 5 episodes animated by David B. Levy's team until Blue Takes You To School. The new animation also becomes permanent starting with Blue's Predictions.
- Close captioning during the opening sequence credits Mailbox as saying "I can play," when the correct line is actually "Right this way." This mistake is only found on the DVD version of this episode.
- The copyright year reads "2003" instead of "2002".
- In the UK version, after Kevin draws the third clue, the clue is still seen in the food.
- Mailbox is muted during the credits.