Puppets is the 27th episode of Blue's Clues from season four. It was originally planned to air in January 6, 2002, however, it delayed in November 25, 2003.
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Sock Puppet
- Sidetable Drawer
- Tickety Tock
- Slippery Soap
- Storybook (debut)
Steve and Blue have fun with puppets.
- Question: What story should we tell with our puppets?
- 1. A Boy
- 2. A Tall Plant
- 3. A Giant
- Answer: Jack and the Beanstalk
- Skidoo: Poster of a castle
- Living room picture: A person on stage waving, then surprised, then smiling
- Classic Clues (DVD, 2004)
- Sock Puppet joins in on the Mailtime segment and the Skidoo segment.
- This is the last episode Steve shot before leaving the show.
- This episode is the second of two bonus episodes available on the DVD "Classic Clues" on January 27, 2004, with Rhyme Time.
- Jennifer Twomey is the writer in this episode and credited as Jennifer Twomey Perello.
- In the Mailtime Segment, Sock Puppet wails the end of the mail song, and says that he's always wanted to do that. Mailbox has a mailman puppet which he uses to hand over the letter.
- This was the second time to use the "A Clue, A Clue" line from Blue's Play.
- This was the third and last time to use the "Notebook" line from Hide and Seek.
- This is the sixth and last time to use the "A Clue" line from Blue's Sad Day.
- This was the second time to use the "Thinking Chair" line from Art Appreciation.
- This is the last time Steve was at the right side at the end of Mailtime.
- This is the last episode produced with Steve as the host.
- Storybook appears for the first and only time, Blue uses her paw as a puppet, Slippery Soap and Tickety Tock made bag puppets, and Mailbox made a finger puppet.
- In the Dish Network info of this episode, Donovan Patton (Joe) is accidentally credited in the cast.
- When this episode was rerun on the Nick Jr. Channel until 2019, it was placed a few days after Steve Goes to College. Preschoolers may recognize that Steve didn't leave after all and will get too excited, and will be sad when they don't see him again.
- Streaming Services, such as iTunes and Amazon Prime, list this episode after Joe and Tell, Joe Gets a Clue, and Steve Goes to College, as well as The Boat Float, which is a Joe episode.
- It's likely this episode was accidently swapped with The Big Book About Us as a similar situation happened to that episode but in reverse.
|Blue's Clues Season 4|
|Imagine Nation | Adventure | The Anything Box | Superfriends | What's New, Blue? | Blue's New Place | Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper Day | The Baby's Here! | Making Changes | Bugs! | ¡Un Día Con Plum! | What's Inside? | Blocks | Let's Boogie | Blue's Backyard Ballgame Bonanza | Let's Plant | Joe's First Day | Joe Gets a Clue | Steve Goes to College|
|Held Back Episodes|
|Blue's Book Nook | Rhyme Time | Puppets | Blue's School | Something To Do Blue|