"Prehistoric Blue" is the 24th episode of Blue's Clues from Season 3.
- Blue (also known as Blue-a-saurus)
- Steve (North America) (Also known as Steve-a-saurus rex)
- Kevin (United Kingdom) (Also known as Kevin-a-saurus rex)
- Duarte (Portugal) (Also known as Duarte-a-saurus rex)
- HyunShup Shin (Also known a HyunShup Shin-a-saurus rex)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mailbox (Also known as Mail-a-ceratops)
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Felt Friends
- Apatosaurus (debut)
- Baby Stegosaurus (debut)
- Stegosaurus (debut)
- Allosaurus (debut)
- Archaeopteryx (debut)
- Chameleon (debut)
Shovel and Pail discover dinosaur footprints in the backyard.
- Question: What did Blue see?
- 1. Scales
- 2. A Shape
- 3. Changing Colors
- Answer: A chameleon
- Skidoo location: A dinosaur diorama
- Living room picture: A purple Tyrannosaurus, then a green stegosaurus, then a red pterodactyl
- Music & Talent Coordinator Katie McWane is also one of Steve's Friends in this episode. A relative is also included, which is Madeleine Steinberg, of Amy Steinberg, an Executive Assistant.
- This episode would be recalled in "I'm So Happy!", when Shovel told Joe that he used to be afraid of dinosaurs, but is now interested in them.
- The third clue changed to three different colors. It changed from blue to green, to red, to orange, and back to blue again before repeating. this resulted in Steve using three colored crayons: he started with a green crayon to draw the first color, then used a red crayon for the second color and then an orange crayon for the third one.
- In the intro, Steve and Blue did not appear, which made it a completely instrumental and quiet version, and the episode starts when Steve appears in front of the house, outside.
- This episode's question is the same as What Did Blue See?.
- As Steve opens his notebook, throughout the episode, he gets a surprise (in this episode, it roars like a dinosaur).
- It was called a "Dino-Notebook".
- This also happened in Blue's Big Costume Party, except it had spooky laughter.
- It was called a "Dino-Notebook".
- Turquoise appeared on a call reminder on the cork board.
- This is the fifth and last of five episodes in a row where the first clue was found in the living room.
- This is the last season 3 episode where the "Race to the Thinking Chair" music was heard.
- From this episode to Joe's First Day, Mailbox appears in every Blue's Clues credit sequence.
- In this episode, Felicia and Fred's Mother and Father appear with a trowel and a shovel.
- When Blue left the third clue on the ground, it was near the footprints that were found in the backyard at the beginning of the episode and the clue is no where to be seen near the footprints in the present day. Either this proves that clues can wear off of their own after Blue leaves them.
- In the Portuguese version, when you see the intro logo, it was English.
- When Steve revealed the third clue, changing colors, the third color was yellow instead of orange.
- When the viewers says "A clue!" when they found the 3rd, Steve asks if they think the footprints belong to an Allosaurus. That doesn't sound anything like "A clue!".
- The letter video segment in this episode was filmed at the American Museum of Natural History on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City, New York.
|Blue's Clues Season 3|
|Blue's Big Treasure Hunt | Art Appreciation | Weight and Balance | What's That Sound? | Animal Behavior! | Blue's Big Pajama Party | Draw Along with Blue | Hide and Seek | Thankful | Blue's Big Holiday | Pool Party | Anatomy | Signs | Nature | Geography | Occupations | Blue's Big Mystery | Periwinkle Misses His Friend | Blue's Big Musical | What's So Funny? | Blue's Big Costume Party | Inventions | Blue's Play | Prehistoric Blue | The Wrong Shirt | Words | Shy | Magenta Gets Glasses | Environments | Stormy Weather | Blue's Collection | Café Blue|