Playing Store is the 8th episode of Blue's Clues from Season 5.
- Joe (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt
- Tickety Tock
- Slippery Soap
- Mrs. Pepper (opening sequence & credits only)
- Paprika (opening sequence only)
- Cinnamon (opening sequence only)
- Magenta (opening sequence only)
- Periwinkle (opening sequence only)
Joe and Blue set up some stores around the house and pretend to go shopping.
- Question: What does Blue want to get at the store?
- 1. Numbers
- 2. Lines
- 3. A Piece of Wood
- Answer: A ruler
- Living Room picture: Owl's Furniture Store (skidoo location)
- Blue's Jobs (DVD, 2006)
- Daniel Richardson was one of Joe's Friends in this episode, before he made his debut as Baby Bird in the next episode. Also included in the list is a relative of Aleisha Allen, the voice of Sidetable Drawer, which is Omarri Allen, and a relative of Content Consultant Laura G. Brown(not this episode), which is Jennifer Brown.
- This episode appears in online listings as "What Does Blue Want to Get at the Store?" or "Pretend Store".
- However, the official episode title flag said "Playing Store".
- Joe is wearing an orange shirt in this episode. We also see a photo of him and Blue in which he is wearing a blue shirt, which was first seen in montages of 100th Episode Celebration from the instrumental version of I Can Be Anything That I Want to Be from Season three long episode Blue's Big Musical was used.
- Snail appeared 4 times in this episode instead of the usual 3.
- In the Mailtime Segment, Mailbox pretends he is a mail store and Joe "pays" him for the letter.
- In this episode, Joe skidoos in the Living Room Picture Frame, the first time Joe skidoos there, and this is the first time since Blue's Big Costume Party where the living room picture is the skidoo location.
- The instrumental of "Open, Close" from What Does Blue Want to Do on a Rainy Day? and ¡Un Día Con Plum! was heard while Slippery tries out the boat that floats.
- Mr. Salt appears without Mrs. Pepper, except during the credits.
- This David B. Levy episode shares similarities with the character order from Season 4, with Tickety's 2nd action. But Shovel & Pail are mirrored, and Mailbox does not appear.
- Owl's Furniture Store is similar to the now-defunct Smith's Furniture, which featured an owl in the logo.