Patience is the sixth episode of Blue's Clues from season 5.
Patience is a virtue and that is what Joe and Blue learn to do.
"Wait, wait, wait. What can we do while we wait?"
- Question: What should Joe and Blue do while they wait for the egg to hatch?
- 1. Pieces of Wood
- 2. A Roof
- 3. A Bird
- Answer to Blue's Clues: Build a birdhouse
- Skidoo: The Waiting Game
- Living room picture: An egg in the nest, then a cracked egg in the nest, then Baby Bird in the nest
- Joe (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Baby Bird (debut)
- Spinner (debut)
- Game Pieces (debut)
- Boris (cameo)
- This episode has a lot of staff credited as Joe's Friends. Those are Prop Maker Christina Aprea, Junior Writer Jeff Borkin, Assistant Episode Coordinator Amy Guttell(and relative Adam G. Guttell), Production Manager Mason Rather, and Executive Assistant Amy Steinberg. Samantha Yearwood was also a friend of Joe in this episode, before she became the Scripting Department Assistant later this season. Also included in the list are Barry & Laraine Mirsky, relatives of former Executive Assistant Amy Mirsky.
- This episode introduces Baby Bird, who will be seen in several future episodes. Baby Bird is important enough for the voice to merit a character credit, rather than being credited as one of Joe's Friends.
- In the Mailtime Segment, done to pass the time after we've already solved the clues but are still waiting for the egg to hatch, Mailbox tells Joe that he's been waiting patiently to give him a letter.
- This episode has Mailtime take place rather close to the end of the episode, rather than more towards the middle. Mailtime usually happens after reviewing the first two clues, and sometimes before finding the 2nd clue.
- This could be Joe's version of Blue's Surprise at Two O'Clock!.
- This is the last episode where Mailtime happens after Blue's Clues is solved. The other episodes that happened were in: Mailbox's Birthday, What Does Blue Want to Do with Her Picture?, Blue's Big Costume Party, and Magenta Gets Glasses.
- In this episode, the "door approach" music is played by a flute (which was also used for the bird card and the clue it represented [a bird]) instead of the usual lap steel guitar.
- This episode is the last of the two episodes included in the 2005 DVD release of Blue's Room "Holiday Wishes" (Alongside with Look Carefully...).
- The strategy "Wait, wait, wait" will be used again in "Blue's Big Car Trip".
- This was the first time Periwinkle finds a clue before it happened again in the next episode Joe's Surprise Party (but that time without Joe).
- This is the first time we see a full view of the back of the Blue's Clues House along with the other side of the street.
- Blue will hop across the credits again for the first time after making two sneak peeks in Stormy Weather and The Anything Box.
- This is the only episode where the U.K. version's credits are shorter. It's usually the other way around.
- Joe and Kevin wear an orange squared shirt in this episode.
- This is the second time A Roof is a clue. The first was Adventures in Art.
- When Jeff Borkin is listed under Joe's Friends, he's credited as Jeffrey Borkin.