"Occupations" is the 9th episode of Blue's Clues from Season 3.
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Duarte (Portugal)
- HyunSup Shim (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Slippery Soap
- Door (debut)
- Architect (debut)
- Builder (debut)
- Plumber (debut)
- Electrician (debut)
- Landscaper (debut)
- Question: Who does Blue want to be today?
- 1. A Wooden Stick
- 2. A Bandage (Plaster in the UK)
- 3. A Stethoscope
- Answer: A Doctor
- Skidoo location: A construction site
- Living room picture: A roof and a wall, then a red roof and a yellow wall with green windows and a green door, then a truck and a sign, then a house and a sign, then the red roof and the yellow wall with blue windows and a purple door, then a red cross
- Felt Frame picture: Fifi wears Astronaut costume
Steve, Blue, and their friends define different occupations.
All of Steve and Blue's friends are pretending to be different occupations, and they play Blue's Clues to figure out what Blue wants to be. They help Steve, who is pretending to be a news reporter, and figure out what occupation their various friends are pretending to be. Then Steve skidooed into a picture of a house building site and help a blue door named Door build his house by calling on the right workers to complete their appropriate tasks.
- Blue's Jobs (VHS/DVD, 2006)
- Danielle Gonzales, a relative of the first Production Coordinator for Murmur Music, Erick Gonzales, is one of Steve's Friends in this episode.
- When Blue waves goodbye at the window, there’s something wrong with the screen.
- When interviewed by Steve at the beginning of the episode, the viewer stated that he/she/they come over to play Blue's Clues.
- During the credits, the recording glitched up. This was also the first episode to introduce a new character in the credit sequence permanently, Shovel and Pail.
- In the UK version, Kevin sings the Post Time song with his reporter microphone in his hand.
- The Thinking Chair music from "What Was Blue's Dream About?" was used instead of from "Blue's ABCs".
- Throughout the episode, Steve's voice from Season 4 is used.
- In the UK version, the word "plaster" was used instead of the word "bandage".
- Throughout most of the episode Sidetable Drawer wore a security guard hat, but at the end when Blue was a doctor she wore a nurse hat.
- This is the third time of the line called "A Clue" from Blue's Sad Day.
- This episode used the "No!" phrase from "The Lost Episode!".
- This is the last episode to use the "Notebook!" phrase from "What Story Does Blue Want to Play?".
- This is also the last episode to use the "A clue! A clue!" phrase from "What Experiment Does Blue Want to Try?".
|Blue's Clues Season 3|
|Blue's Big Treasure Hunt | Art Appreciation | Weight and Balance | What's That Sound? | Animal Behavior! | Blue's Big Pajama Party | Draw Along with Blue | Hide and Seek | Thankful | Blue's Big Holiday | Pool Party | Anatomy | Signs | Nature | Geography | Occupations | Blue's Big Mystery | Periwinkle Misses His Friend | Blue's Big Musical | What's So Funny? | Blue's Big Costume Party | Inventions | Blue's Play | Prehistoric Blue | The Wrong Shirt | Words | Shy | Magenta Gets Glasses | Environments | Stormy Weather | Blue's Collection | Café Blue|