"Nurture!" is the seventh episode of Blue's Clues from Season 2. It was the thirty-seventh to be produced and aired.
We help Steve and Blue take care of their plants, and now there's something else that we need to do. We play Blue's Clues to figure out what it is. Along the way, we find a butterfly and figure out what it needs.
- Question: What do we need to do today?
- 1. A Bowl
- 2. Carrots
- 3. Turquoise
- Answer to Blue's Clues: Feed Turquoise
- Living room picture: A duck and a baby duck (Similar to What Does Blue Need?)
- Skidoo location: Safari book
Steve and Blue are taking care of their plants. However, when we go to look at them, we find that they're looking rather droopy. They're sunflowers and sunflowers need water. So Steve and Blue water them and they perk back up and grow a little. We then play Blue's Clues to find out what else to take care of. Soon, the first clue is found, which is a bowl. When a Orange Butterfly shows up in the house, we watch it for a while and then figure out from its hovering by the door that it needs to get back outside where it belongs. Then, we're called by Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper, who is at work on another of their food creations. It's taken their attention and in order to take care of it, they need someone to look after Paprika for a while. So we, Steve and Blue watch over her. She keeps crying and we figure out that she needs her bottle, then to be wiped off after she gets milk on herself and then a warm blanket because she's shivering. Soon, we find the second clue, which are little bits of carrots. Later, we skidoo into a safari book and find a monkey, a lion, and an elephant that need to get home and get baths. We learn that elephants take baths by spraying water on each other, lions are licked to get clean and monkeys pick each others' fur to clean up. We skidoo back home and find that Turquoise is our third clue. Steve sits on the Thinking Chair and finds out the clue is to feed Turquoise. Blue then provides Turquoise with some carrots, while Steve, Mrs. Pepper, Mr. Salt, Paprika, Orange Butterfly, and Elephant happily watch. Steve sings the So Long Song and the episode ends.
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Felt Friends
- Orange Butterfly
- Purple Butterfly
- Mama Elephant
- Papa Lion
- Monkey's Big Brother
- This is the first time that Paprika is seen crying.
- She will cry again in Love Day.
- This is the first time Sidetable blushes shyly.
- This episode can be seen in Nickelodeon Celebrate Family DVD.
- This is the first episode to air in 1999.
- When this episode is shown on Noggin, the pawprint for the second clue is blocked up almost entirely by the Noggin watermark at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- This episode is the second of two episodes on "Blue's Safari" that aired on VHS.
- This episode is the last episode where the quote, "No, a clue!" is used.
- Also the credit music was used for the VHS credit sequence as well.
- The idea of needs was also looked at back in the Season 1 episode What Does Blue Need?.
- The living room picture frame picture looks almost exactly like the one in "The Grow Show!", only the ducks are rubber ducks.
- In the Mailtime song, Blue's original vocal from the series pilot episode Snack Time was reused for the very last time. (Third and finale in a row)
- This is the fifth episode where Blue nods her head no.
- This is the fourth episode where viewers say "Notebook!" from Mailbox's Birthday was not used.
- This episode premiered on the day when My Neighbor Was A Teenage Robot premiered for Oh Yeah! Cartoons on Nickelodeon.
- This episode features a mainly Noggin Newspaper logo.
- This is the second time the early season 3 notebook drawing footage was seen when Steve drew a bowl. This happened once when Steve drew sticks in What Did Blue See?
- When the third clue is on Turquoise, the pawprint is purple, instead of Blue's original pawprint color (Dark blue, which is very common). This is an error.
- In the closing credits, David Burger is credited as "Duke" David Burger.
- Although this episode premiered in 1999, it has a 1998 copyright date in the credits.
- Blue's Safari (VHS, 2000)
- Nickelodeon: Celebrate Family! (DVD, 2009)