In the first episode of the reboot series, Blue is having her snack. But something is missing from her snack and the viewers play Blue's Clues to figure it out. They also take time to recognize colors as we paint elephants, we identify the shapes of fruit, and they help match chicks on a farm.
- Question: What does Blue want with her snack?
- A Cup
- A Straw
- A Cow
- Answer to Blue's Clues: Milk
- Wrong Answer: A cow in a cup and slurping it up with a straw
- Living room picture: A red barn (skidoo location)
- Red Felt Board: Fifi and Freddy with a bunch of grapes between them
- Orange Felt Board: a pair of graham crackers, a glass of milk with a straw, and an apple
The series premiere of the reboot opens with Josh inviting the viewers into the house. Suddenly, he does not see Blue. The viewers saw her under the table. Blue comes out from under the table. Then, she sits in her seat. Josh and Blue were going to have graham crackers for snack. Blue tells Josh she wants something else with her snack. Josh doesn't know what to do, so he calls Steve and Joe, and they tell Blue and then him to play Blue's Clues. The viewers along with Steve and Joe teach Josh how to play the game. They have to find a paw print which was the first clue. Then, they have to draw it in the notebook. Next, they have to find another paw print being the second clue and so on. After that, they go to the thinking chair and put all three clues together.
Now that the viewers, Steve, and Joe know how Josh has to play the game, Josh leads them into the bedroom. The viewers saw a clue on the cup. Josh draws the cup in his handy dandy notebook. After drawing the first clue, Josh wonders what Blue could have with her snack. Josh realizes that Blue wants to put something into the cup. They had to find two more clues. Josh was looking for Blue again. The viewers find a sudden sound startles him and falls down back onto the floor. He realizes that it was the telephone. Josh answers it and finds out it was Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper calling. They tell Josh that Blue is in the kitchen and is making a really big mess.
Josh goes to the kitchen and then asks Blue what she had done. "Blue knocked over the grocery bag," says Mr. Salt. "That's what she did," adds Mrs. Pepper. It was time to clean up the mess. The foods were in different shapes. One-by-one, they put away all the different foods into the fridge. The orange was shaped like a circle. The Swiss Cheese was shaped like a square. The graham cracker was shaped like a rectangle. And the grapes were shaped like a triangle. They all went into the fridge. Once all the food was put away, it made a house. The square Swiss cheese for the house, the triangle grapes for the roof, the rectangle graham cracker for the door, and the orange for the sun. Blue comes out of the house made of food and knocks something else down. Josh sees what Blue knocked over. It was the straws. Josh picks up the cup and stands it on the counter. Next, he picks up the straws and puts them back in the cup. Josh thought he put away all the straws but then the viewers saw another straw with paw prints. Whenever Josh tries to find where the straw is hiding, it switches sides. Josh peeks between the straws and finds the straw with the paw prints on it which were the second clue. He draws the straw in his notebook. So far, Josh has a cup and straw as the two clues. Josh realizes that with these two clues, Blue wanted something to drink. Then, it is mail time.
Josh gets his letter from Mailbox. Josh reads the video E-mail which had kids said hi to Josh. After reading the E-mail, Blue skidoos into a picture frame that shows a farm. Josh follows her. He skidoos too. There was a pig who jumped into a mud puddle. There was a sheep who ate a flower. Then, he saw a swarm of chicks. One of them had a paper hat on. Josh sits down and the chick who wore a paper hat lands on Josh's hand he was holding out. The chick was trying to find her friend who wore a newspaper hat that she has on. After a couple of tries, she finds her friend. They were a good matching pair. They also help a chick who had a baseball cap with a star on it find his friend and one who wore a party hat find its friend too. Now, Josh needed help finding Blue. Blue was on Josh's head. Blue gets off of Josh's head as he stands up. As Josh was looking for Blue, he finds paw prints on a cow. A cow was the third clue. Josh draws the third clue, a cow, in his notebook.
Now that he has all three clues, Josh and Blue have to skidoo back home and sit in the thinking chair to figure out what Blue wants with her snack. They both did so. Now, that they were in the thinking chair, it was time to think. The clues were a cup, a straw, and a cow. "What does Blue want with her snack?" Josh wonders. Josh thought Blue wants to put the cow in the cup and slurp it up with a straw. That did not make any sense. What they do know is cows makes the sound, "moo." So, what could Blue want with her snack that comes from a cow, you drink with a straw in a cup? The answer was milk because cows make the milk that gets poured into a cup. And that you drink it with or without a straw. They just figured out Blue's Clues. Now, it was snack time. Josh had two cups filled with milk. One for himself and one for Blue. Blue sits at the table and drinks her cup of milk with a straw. Suddenly, Magenta; followed by Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper, Paprika and Cinnamon, and the shape foods they put away earlier, then, the chicks also came. They all had different hats on as Josh receives a call from Steve and Joe. They ask Josh if he figured it out , and Josh says it was milk. With a little help from his friend, Steve, Joe, and Josh all sing the "So Long song" and the episode ends.
- This is the first episode for several things:
- The first episode to premiere in 2019, and the first episode in the franchise to premiere since 2007.
- The first episode to feature Josh.
- The first episode since "Blue's First Holiday" in 2003 to show Steve and Joe together.
- The first time in the show where Blue doesn't bounce on the screen, the next is Sad Day with Blue.
- The first episode to not have "with Blue" in the title.
- Since this is the first episode to feature a new character, it's Meet Josh!.
- The first reboot episode where Steve appears. He also appears in "Blue's Night Before Christmas."
- This episode (as well as the series) premiered following the premiere of the PAW Patrol TV movie special episode: "Ready Race Rescue."
- When Joe appears on Josh's phone, a few piano notes from "Another Blue's Clues Day" play. When Steve appears, the steel guitar riff from the beginning of the original theme song is heard.
- Steve's detective agency, the Blue Prints Detective Agency, is named after the original Blue's Clues pilot episode "Blue Prints."
- Joe's assurance that Josh will learn to play Blue's Clues was likely a reference to how he originally didn't know how either prior to "Joe Gets a Clue."
- The drawings that appear on the corkboard behind Steve are the clues Steve drew in classic episodes, such as:
- The telephone that appears behind Steve is the same telephone from the original Blue's Clues. The telephone retains its two-dimensional format.
- Joe is confirmed to appear in many other Blue’s Clues & You episodes, including "Happy Birthday, Blue!," "123's with Blue," the "Bluestock Remake," and "Blue's Night Before Christmas."
- The So Long Song is set to the original tune in this episode rather than the current tune.
- Steve and Joe sang The So Long Song as well.
- During Blue's skidoo, Mailbox does not appear outside. However, when Josh skidoos into the farm, Mailbox reappears outside.
- When Josh Skidooed in farm You Might see The White Thing in The shirt.
- Jaiden Cannatelli is credited as Jaiden Canatelli, with the second "N" in his last name being omitted.
- Paprika, Cinnamon, Joe, and Magenta appear in this episode, whereas they debuted after the pilot episode of the original series.
- In the remake, Josh wore a farmer’s hat to fit in since he was at the farm, but in the original episode, Steve didn't wear a farmer’s hat.
- The elephants didn't make an appearance in this episode. Also, the scene where Blue paints the elephants was eliminated in the remake due to the shorten time in the episodes.
- In the remake, the cow dances side to side above Josh’s head. In the original, when the cow dances above Steve’s head, it bent its legs up and down.
- In both episodes, Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper joined the Snack Party.
- In the reboot, Tickety Tock, Slippery Soap, Shovel, Pail, Paprika, Cinnamon, Mailbox, and Magenta joined the Snack Party.
- The chicks nor the elephants join the snack party at the end in the reboot but did in the classic episode.
- Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper don't call Josh on the phone about Blue making a mess in the kitchen. Also, they only do one shape: the triangle (the grapes) when finding food. In the original, Steve did all four shapes.
- For the second and third clues, a single pawprint is used as opposed to the original episode where the second clue (straw) has three pawprints and the third clue (cow) has two pawprints).
- The straw that was used for the second clue was visible when Josh puts back the other straws in the cup. In the original, the straw that was used was hidden until Steve put all the straws in the cup.
- The straw is a straight one made of paper instead of a bendy one made of plastic and is with lavender diagonal stripes instead of red vertical ones. The rest of the straws are similar to this one, but are larger and thicker with stripes in red and blue in addition to lavender.
- In the original episode, after Steve finds the second clue, he goes to the living room and looks for Blue, then Mailtime begins. In the reboot, Mailtime came immediately after the second clue.
- When Steve skidooed in the farm, he sang "We Are Farming for Blue's Clues" to the tune of "We Are Looking for Blue's Clues" until "E-I-E-I-O" and the rest to the tune of "Old MacDonald Had a Farm," whereas Josh sings it to the tune of "Old MacDonald Had a Farm," starts on the second verse and replaces "And on his farm, he had a chick" with "We are farming for Blue's Clues."
- In the skidoo segment, there are yellow and brown chicks and all of them are wearing party hats. In the original, all the chicks are yellow and are wearing different kinds of hats.
- Josh helps only two chicks look for their friends. In the original, Steve helps three chicks.
- After Josh asks the chicks to help him look for Blue, the chicks immediately answered that Blue is on top of Josh's head. In the original, the chicks asked Steve to describe his friend and then tell him that she is on his head.
- Josh does not interact with Sidetable Drawer because he had his notebook with him already.
- In the original episode, Steve hears the viewers saying "A clue!" well for all three clues. In the reboot, Josh mishears the viewers saying "A clue!" for the third clue, and then imitates a rooster. ("A cock-a-doodle-doo!")
- The part of Steve asking if Blue wants to drink a cow with her snack has been omitted.
- Steve is now a detective, and Joe is a present store owner working at a present store, which is hired by him instead of the talking Cash Register. It's implied Steve studied criminal justice/forensic science in college, and got his Bachelor of Science and/or Master’s degree.
- Steve and Joe look different from the last time they were seen on the original show. For example, Steve's now bald (no hair), wears glasses, wears a green-striped tie (a homage to his original shirt) and tan pants under his detective coat and fedora, and Joe has a haircut. He still wears his same clothes from the original series, expect with gift boxes instead of squares on his shirt.
- Sidetable Drawer doesn’t have a phone on her head anymore due to Josh’s notebook being the phone.
- Josh doesn't try to morph his mouth into a triangle or give an okay sign when Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper morphed their mouths into triangles. Instead he goes "The triangle. Certainly!"