"It's our friend Mailbox's birthday and we need to figure out what his favorite birthday game is. We also complete sprinkle patterns on his birthday cake, find the best present for Mailbox, then wrap it with different color wrapping paper and different size bows."
- Question: What is Mailbox's favorite birthday party game?
- 1. A Tape Player
- 2. A Tape Cassette
- 3. A Chair
- Answer to Blue's Clues: Musical chairs
- Wrong Answer: Musical bears
- Living room picture: The Present Store (skidoo location)
- Felt Frame picture: Fifi wearing birthday hat with Present
For Mailbox's birthday, there is a special celebration and we are invited to help out. They help decorate the cake for the party by observing patterns. They also skidoo along with Steve and Blue into the present store. There, they find the perfect present for Mailbox, which is a stamp book, and then help Blue and Steve to find it when it gets lost among a bunch of other presents.
- Coordinating Producer Penelope Jewkes and relative of friend of Steve Robert G. Rodgers, John Rodgers are both friends of Steve in this episode. In a rather shocking twist, Christiana Anbri also made an appearance as a friend of Steve. In almost 8 years, she becomes the voice of Moona from Blue's Room.
- This is the first episode in which Mailbox's voice actor (Michael Rubin, under the stage name Seth O'Hickory) is listed in the closing credits.
- Steve's rugby shirt near the end of the episode seems to have a slight color alteration as if the darker green stripes appear to be blueish-greenish.
- This is one of three episodes revolving around a character's birthday. The other two are "Blue's Birthday" and "Joe's Surprise Party."
- Since Mailbox was ten years old in this episode, we know that he is nine years old in the first two episodes.
- Like Snack Time, two pawprints were used for the first clue, which is a tape player.
- Steve gets interrupted trying to figure out the answer to Blue's Clues with two clues by Tickety getting his attention to tell him something.
- The music clip from the credits is again reused in "Blue's Big Musical Movie."
- When Mailbox is scatting in the first scene of him, his mouth doesn't move.
- This is the only time Steve bumps his head.
- Steve says "Ah-ha!" in a squeaky, funny, high-pitched voice.
- This is the first time where Steve gets the mail at the end.
- Steve briefly cries after thinking he is sitting in glue.
- This is the first episode where viewers say "Notebook!" where they sound like they are screaming. It was used on most episodes until Signs.
- Blue's rubber duck first appears in this episode as one of the toys at the present store.
- This is also the first episode where Jennifer Oxley was one of the animators.
- This is the first episode to have a running gag where Steve uses his listening skills after viewers say "A Clue!".
- This is the first episode Mailbox gets a video letter on his own.
- The tape player has two paw prints instead of one.
- The music piece played during Musical Chairs would later become the "Pin the Flag on Mailbox" song in "Blue's Birthday".
- When Steve shouted "You see a clue!?" for the first clue, he sounded angry at the viewers (the second time he said it).
- After Steve sees Mailbox out the back window and just before Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper deliver the cake, the right side of the cake and the plate were already seen on the left side. It is also seen again when Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper go out of the screen.
- When Steve and Blue look at possible presents for Mailbox at the present store, a boom mic can be seen.
|Blue's Clues Season 1|
|Snack Time | What Time Is It for Blue? | Mailbox's Birthday | Blue's Story Time | What Does Blue Need? | Blue's Favorite Song | Adventures in Art | Blue Goes to the Beach | Pretend Time | A Snowy Day | The Trying Game | Blue Wants to Play a Game | The Grow Show | Blue Wants to Play a Song Game | What Does Blue Want to Make? | What Story Does Blue Want to Play? | Tickety's Favorite Nursery Rhyme | What Is Blue Afraid Of? | Magenta Comes Over | Blue's News|