Magenta's Messages is the twenty-ninth episode of Blue's Clues from season 5.
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mailbox (cameo)
- Snail (cameo)
- Boris (cameo)
- Magenta's Mailbox
- Magenta's Fish
- Baby Bird
Magenta is taking a trip to the beach and she asks us to look after her house. Fortunately, they are not without help, she has left them several written and picture messages to tell them what to do. They help out with things such as feeding her fish and taking out her recycling. They get to find out what more of the inside of her house looks like and even have fun solving a game of Blue's Clues outside.
- Question: What does Blue want to write in her message?
- Answer: Come to our house
- Living room picture: Magenta's house, then a drawing of Magenta
- Executive Assistant Noelle Romano is also one of Joe's Friends in this episode. So is Jenna Rodriguez, relative of long-time friend of Joe Chelsea Rodriguez.
- This episode appeared on the 2005 VHS/DVD release of Alphabet Power.
- This is the last Season 5 episode to use the Season 5 OPT.
- The viewers get a look at the interior of Magenta's House.
- This is the only episode to use an alternate version of Mailtime, called E-mail. Aside from E-mail, this episode also used an alternate version of We Just Got a Letter.
- This version became more widely used in Blue's Clues & You!.
- Magenta was the answer to Blue's Clues from Pool Party but in this episode, Magenta was a clue.
- It is unknown how Magenta sent an e-mail from the beach.
- Back in 2002 when this episode was filmed, there was no real form of sending videos in an email from a cell phone. Plus, SMS was the main messaging.
- When feeding Magenta's fish, you have to choose the fish food out of fish, turtle, crab, and frog food. One wonders if Magenta has all these pets, although this was just to have the viewer make a selection.
- This is the final Blue's Clues episode until Meet Blue's Baby Brother to feature how to draw the clues.
- The closed captions read "(dogs barking)" when Blue and Magenta were barking a lot. This happened three times.
- This is the last episode for Joe to draw the clues. After that, the clues will talk and sing after they got all drawn.
- Joe decided to do the clue review outside instead of inside. Steve did a similar thing in the episode Nature; only Steve & Blue were outside the whole time.
- This is the first episode where Mailbox has no lines but Magenta's mailbox does speak.
- Mailbox is listening to the music from the pin the flag on Mailbox game in Blue's Birthday.
- Tom Gilmour is credited as Tom Gilmore over video engineer.
- The scene where Joe looks out the window and finds the second clue (an arrow) was also shown as part of the trailer for the "Save the Wonder Pets" DVD; the only difference was that Baby Bird and the clue were replaced by the Wonder Pets flying in the Flyboat. Click here to view the trailer.
- This is the first time where Magenta appears in the credits.
- Joe wears a purple squared shirt in this episode.
- The scrolling credits got slower and slower.
- Tom Gilmour is credited as Tom Gilmore and Jenna Rodriguez is credited as Jenna Rodrigues.