Magenta is Miranda's pet and Blue's next-door neighbor and best friend. She is an artistic female puppy who loves to take and draw pictures. Like Blue, she cannot speak, but she can bark to communicate with others, mainly other dogs. She barks similar to Blue, but instead of "Ba Bow Bow" and using B, she barks "Ra Row Row" and uses R instead.
Magenta looks exactly like Blue, except she's a magenta color with darker magenta spots and a dark magenta nose. As of "Magenta Gets Glasses", she wears purple glasses. In the reboot, she gets glasses earlier than the previous series but didn't wear glasses before.
- When Blue used herself to paint one of the elephants pink in "Snack Time", she resembled a lighter colored version of Magenta.
- Magenta wrote 3 letters to Blue.
- She appeared in "What Does Blue Want to Do with Her Picture?" along with some live action kids to thank Blue for sending her picture of them and Steve playing. This is the first time she did that.
- She also appeared in "Blue's Big Holiday" where Magenta herself was sliding down a snowy hill on a sled.
- And the third letter Magenta appeared in was in "Magenta's Messages" where she was seen at the beach. It was more like an email instead of mailing to someone in person.
- Magenta also appeared on the call reminder on the bulletin board in several episodes, including "Blue's Story Time" (her debut episode and the 1st to show the bulletin board, making her the very 1st call reminder character), "Adventures in Art", "Blue Goes to the Beach", "Blue's ABCs" (which also has "Call Magenta." on it), and several others.
- Other characters that appeared on call reminders include Baby Bear, Snail, Tink, Fifi, Felix, the unnamed light blue felt friend with a green semicircle body, Green Puppy, Orange Kitten, Gopher, Steve's Grandmother, Turquoise, Windy, the paper recycle bin, a glass recycle bin, Owl, the Sun, and Moona.
- Even though she didn't appear in person in "Colors Everywhere!", Magenta was among the friends that were painted on the Portrait of Pals. She was also mentioned in the skidoo segment after Joe and Blue learned that the colors purple and red make the color magenta.
- Even though her painted picture shows her with her glasses, Blue had a picture of her without them (which was likely taken before "Magenta Gets Glasses").
- Magenta skidooed in "The Scavenger Hunt" (the skidoo location was the felt board). In the reboot, she skidoos in Snail and Seek in Hide and Seek with Blue alongside Josh and Blue.
- She was the 1st clue in Magenta's Messages and the 2nd clue in the Blue's clue's and you episode Sad Day with Blue
- She was in Sticker cameo in "Blue's Art Time Activities"
- In Sad Day with Blue and Colors Everywhere with Blue, she took over Green Puppy's roles due to her absence in the reboot.
- In Blue's 123 Time Activities she plays mother may I with Blue and Magenta together.
- Despite looking exactly the same as Blue, except for the color, she is not related to Blue.
- Magenta joins in singing the song What I Like About Blue in the beginning when Josh sings "She really knows how to dance"
|Blue • Steve • Joe • Mailbox • Sidetable|
Mr. Salt • Mrs. Pepper • Paprika • Cinnamon
Shovel • Pail • Tickety • Slippery
|Magenta • Periwinkle • Snail • Felt Friends • Turquoise|
|Other recurring characters|
|Baby Bear • Boris • Gingerbread Boy • Green Puppy • Horace|
Miranda • Miss Marigold • Orange Kitten • Purple Kangaroo
|List of minor characters|