Joe's Surprise Party is the 8th episode of Blue's Clues from Season 5.
It is Joe's birthday and the viewers are invited to a surprise party for Joe. Blue and her friends play Blue's Clues to plan a game for the party.
- Question: What else do we need to do to get ready for the surprise party? (by Mr. Salt)
- 1. Tape
- 2. Joe's Present
- 3. Wrapping Paper
- Answer to Blue's Clues: Wrapping Joe's Present
- Living room picture: Doodle of Joe wearing a party hat
People inside (during Blue's Clues)
People outside (during Blue's Clues)
Not revealed until after playing Blue's Clues
This plot summary is incomplete. You can help Blue's Clues Wiki by completing it.
- 100th Episode Celebration (VHS, 2003)
- Blue's First Holiday (VHS/DVD, 2003)
- Nick Jr. Favorites: Volume 3 (DVD, 2006)
- While Bruce Caines didn't direct anything, his relatives Maya and Noa Caines are both friends of Joe. Others include Sidney Brooks and Molly Robbins, relatives of Murmur Music's Production Coordinator Kirsten Brooks and SFX Editor, Music & Post Mixer Peter Robbins, respectively.
- Joe did not playing Blue's Clues in the only episode.
- The airdate reveals that Joe's birthday is August 5. But for the sake of this being a preschooler's show, it can rerun on any date, just like Blue's Birthday.
- There was no skidoo segment in this episode, despite the race to the Thinking Chair music being played after the third clue was found.
- Joe had to be outside for almost the entire episode because he was supposed to go into the kitchen because they were having a surprise party for him in that room but he's already did & it's too late.
- This is the only time where different characters sing about how to play Blue's Clues.
- Mr. Salt, Tickety, and Periwinkle sit in the thinking chair for the demo of the game.
- Tickety, Slippery, and Periwinkle are the characters that played Blue's Clues with Sidetable Drawer handing them the Handy Dandy Notebook to let them draw the clues. Tickety drew the first clue (tape), Slippery drew the second (Joe's present) and Periwinkle drew the last (wrapping paper).
- This episode can be featured in 100th Episode Celebration (VHS), Blue's First Holiday and Nick Jr. Favorites: Volume 3.
- The title flag doesn't have any pictures in it. This is the only time that this happens.
- "The Birthday Song" from "Blue's Birthday" was sung in this episode, but the lyrics were changed to: "Everybody play, it's Joe's Special Day, Happy Birthday!" because it was Joe's Birthday in this episode.
- This episode is often considered Joe's version of Blue's Birthday, only it is Joe's Birthday.
- This is one of the only two episodes where someone other than the host plays Blue's Clues. The second will be in Joe's Clues.
- This episode is speculated to have been taped on Donovan Patton (Joe's actor)'s birthday, March 1.
- Steve and Joe are the ones who speak to The Viewer but because today was Joe’s birthday, he had to keep busy and not find out. And the Blue’s Clues characters filled in for Joe and spoke to the Viewer like he and Steve did.
- It is revealed that Joe's second-favorite color is orange, first favorite color being green.
- Ironically, his four other colors of his shirts (blue, red, yellow, and purple) are the four colors of the shirts worn in the children's band and TV Show "The Wiggles".
- After Tickety, Slippery Soap, and Periwinkle figure out Blue's Clues, they sing We Sat on Down just like Joe.
- Everyone in the credits except Salt and Pepper wore birthday hats.
- Tickety Tock did not show The Viewer the clue she's drawing.
- Joe wears a blue squared shirt in this episode.
- This is also the first time in the series that Joe was seen in a blue shirt.
- This episode was featured in a Six Feet Under episode, entitled Hold My Hand.
|Blue's Clues Season 5|
|Can You Help? | Colors Everywhere! | The Snack Chart | The Big Book About Us | Playing Store | Patience | 100th Episode Celebration | Joe's Surprise Party | I'm So Happy! | The Boat Float | Bedtime Business | Shape Searchers | Blue Goes to the Doctor | Contraptions! | A Brand New Game | A Surprise Guest | Dress Up Day | Blue's Big Band | Up, Down, All Around! | Story Wall | The Alphabet Train | Numbers Everywhere! | Blue's Predictions | Our Neighborhood Festival | Blue Takes You to School | Meet Polka Dots! | The Scavenger Hunt | Let's Write! | Magenta's Messages | Body Language | Blue's Big Car Trip | Look Carefully... | I Did That! | Animals in Our House? | Morning Music | Blue's First Holiday|