- This episode was part one in the primetime special, "Joe's Scrapbook".
- This is the very first episode and/or mention with Joe, who is Steve’s younger brother.
- This is the first appearance of Joe. He's portrayed by Donovan Patton.
- Joe and Steve take turns singing the "So Long Song" at the end of this episode.
- Beginning with this episode, The lyrics "My dog, Blue" in the "So Long Song" is changed to "our friend, Blue."
- Donovan Patton receives an "Introducing" credit in all three episode of the Joe introduction.
- Pictures of Baby Bear, Baby Baby Bear, Monkey, Big Brother Monkey, Gingerbread Boy, Gingerbread Girl, Paprika, Cinnamon, Opposite Sisters, Joe and Steve were on the yellow picture frame.
- There was no skidoo in this episode.
- This episode and the rest of the Joe introduction arc is available on the DVD Get to Know Joe!. Also available as the first of two episodes on the video Meet Joe!.
- Donovan Patton receives an "Introducing" credit in all three episodes of the Joe introduction arc.
- In the Mailtime Segment, Mailbox participates in show-and-tell by showing Steve his letter.
- The beginning of the episode is just like Magenta Comes Over, but this time, it is Joe who comes over to the Blue's Clues house.
- This is the second episode to have a feather being a clue. The first was "What Is Blue Afraid Of". Coincidentally, both feathers were yellow.
- This is the second and last episode where Steve finds a clue that Side Table was holding.
- The first was from What Does Blue Want to Build?. The only difference this time around is it was the second unlike that episode where he found the first clue.
- When Steve says Hi to Joe, his voice sounds like early Season One.
- This is the only time Blue sneezes.
- The alternate title for this episode is "Joe and Tell".
- The Comcast/Xfinity airing/ Nick Jr. Schedule calls it this title.
- This the first episode where the ringing of the telephone is mistaken as something else (in this case, Steve's guitar), followed by Blue's First Holiday.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.