Joe's First Day, also known as Joe and Tell, is the twenty-second episode of Blue's Clues from season 4.
Steve's younger brother, Joe, is coming over to have Show and Tell with Blue and their friends.
Steve welcomes us in, saying that we're having show and tell today. He's trying to figure out what he could show at show and tell. He considers his stuffed anteater, Horace and his guitar. Just then, we get a phone call. It's Steve's brother, Joe. Joe is coming over to the Blue's Clues house and show and tell is one of his favorite things. In this episode, we have fun doing show and tell with the various characters and getting ready for Joe to come over. Sidetable shows us that she has a soft, yellow feather that she's going to show at show and tell. Steve finds a picture of Joe that he's been working and decides that we can show it to Joe during show and tell. He drew the picture in the park and wants us to help him finish it. He adds in a picture of himself reading a book and then realizes that Joe is barefoot. So we select some appropriate shoes for being in the park - sneakers. We find Blue, who has a book about her turtle Turquoise that she wants to show during Show and Tell. She sneezes and the book falls apart. We help her to put the book back together by putting the pages in order. In the beginning of the book, Blue puts food in Turquoise's dish. Next, Turquoise eats the food. In the final page, Turquoise is finished and her dish is empty. Next, we find Slippery, who made a book about brushing his teeth. We help out once again to get the pages in the correct order. Finally, we add something else to the picture of Joe, a slide.
- Question: What does Joe want to show at show and tell?
- 1. Feet
- 2. A Feather
- 3. A Sound (Quack)
- Answer: A duck
- Living room picture: Baby Bear and Baby Baby Bear, then Monkey and Baby Monkey, then Paprika and Cinnamon, then Gingerbread Boy and Gingerbread Girl, then the Opposite Sisters, then Joe and Steve
- This episode was part one in the primetime special, "Joe's Scrapbook".
- This is the very first episode and/or mention with Joe, who is Steve’s younger brother.
- This is the first appearance of Joe. He's portrayed by Donovan Patton.
- Steve and Joe take turns singing the "So Long Song" at the end of this episode.
- This episode marks the last time Steve sings the "Play Blue's Clues" song all by himself, last time he sits in the Thinking Chair for Thinking Time, and the last time he opens the door to greet the viewers.
- Starting with this episode, the lyrics "And My Dog, Blue" in The So Long Song are changed to "And Our Friend, Blue".
- Donovan Patton receives an "Introducing" credit in all three episodes of the Joe introduction.
- Pictures of Baby Bear, Baby Baby Bear, Monkey, Big Brother Monkey, Gingerbread Boy, Gingerbread Girl, Paprika, Cinnamon, Opposite Sisters, Joe and Steve were on the yellow picture frame.
- There was no skidoo in this episode.
- This episode and the rest of the Joe introduction episodes are available on the DVD Get to Know Joe!. Also available as the first of two episodes on the video Meet Joe!.
- Donovan Patton receives an "Introducing" credit in all three episodes of the Joe introduction arc.
- In the Mailtime Segment, Mailbox participates in show-and-tell by showing Steve his letter.
- The beginning of the episode is just like Magenta Comes Over, but this time, it is Joe who comes over to the Blue's Clues house, instead of Magenta.
- This is the second episode to have a feather being a clue. The first was "What Is Blue Afraid Of?".
- This is the third and last episode where Steve finds a clue that Sidetable was holding, in this case her feather.
- The first was from What Does Blue Want to Build? and Inventions, in these cases, a flashlight and Steve's Notebook. The only difference this time around is it was the second, unlike the other two episodes where he found the first clue.
- When Steve says Hi to Joe, his voice sounds like early Season 1.
- This is the second time Blue sneezes. The first time was What Time Is It for Blue?.
- The alternate title for this episode is "Joe and Tell".
- The Comcast/Xfinity airing/ Nick Jr. Schedule calls it this title.
- This is the first episode where the ringing sound of the telephone is mistaken for something else (in this case, Steve's guitar), followed by Blue's First Holiday.
- In addition to Steve and Joe singing The So Long Song, their stuffed animals, Horace (Steve) and Boris (Joe) has been in the song in this episode.
- This is the third time the phone was sitting on the floor, the first is Pool Party, the second is Blue's Big Musical.
- Steve Burns is credited as Steven Burns. Courtney Taylor Burness is credited as Courtney Burness.
- When Steve is on the phone with Joe, nothing is coming from Joe's end of the phone.
The full episode is available on the NickJrPlay YouTube channel. Watching the video requires payment or a subscription.