"Happy Birthday Blue" is the eleventh episode of Season 1 in the reboot series Blue's Clues & You!. It is a remake of "Blue's Birthday."
In this episode, Blue celebrated her birthday party.
- Question: What does Blue want for her birthday present?
- The Color Green
- A Tank
- A Shell
- Answer to Blue's Clues: A turtle (Turquoise)
- Incorrect Answer: The color Green in a tank with a shell as a hat
Josh welcomes the viewers and says that they are the first guests for Blue's birthday party. He says that the viewers are early and, since they are, he wants to ask for help in getting things ready for the party and playing Blue's Clues to find out what Blue wants for her birthday. They agree and help out with the special dance for Blue. Sidetable Drawer was so excited for Blue's Birthday Party. As Sidetable Drawer opens up her drawer, confetti sprinkles out. Josh had a birthday notebook for a birthday game of Blue's Clues. Josh explains how to play Blue's Clues to the viewers. Soon after, Josh heads into the kitchen. He spots some cupcakes with blue frosting and sprinkles that Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper just made. But, one of the cupcakes had no sprinkles. "Forgotten sprinkles," they both say. "Where?" they both ask. They find out which cupcake needed sprinkles. Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper are so excited for Blue's Birthday and so is Josh. Josh heads outside and sees the backyard decorated. Josh comes across an invitation on the path. Later, they find the first clue, which is the color green. Josh gets out his notebook. But because this was a colored clue, he needed a green crayon. Josh draws the first clue. But he needed two more clues. Soon after, Josh helps out by fixing more things that are out of place. They complete a set of balloons that was missing one and place a missing napkin on a table. Josh then skidoos alone to Joe's present store and picks out gifts for Blue, Josh and Joe finds the second clue, a tank. So far, Josh had two clues, the color green and a tank. Josh buys Blue a stuffed rainbow puppy and Joe puts it in the present box. Josh skidoos home and in the mailtime segment, Blue gets a Birthday Letter from lots of celebrities wishing Blue a happy birthday. There was Samantha Bee, Rachel Dratch, Laurie Hernandez, Alexa, Carlos PenaVega, Kal Penn and Pete Wentz. Then, many characters watch as Blue unwraps her presents, each of which match the personalities of the friend that gave them to her. Slippery Soap gave Blue a bottle of bubbles. Tickety Tock gave Blue a clock puzzle. The viewers gave Blue the rainbow puppy. A shell falls on the floor, which is the last clue. After the last clue, a shell, Josh goes inside to the thinking chair. Josh sits down in the thinking chair and tries to figure out what Blue wants for her birthday present. The clues were the color green, a tank, and a shell. Josh thinks that the answer is the color green in a tank with a shell as a hat, but instead Josh realizes that Blue wanted a turtle for her birthday. After figuring out Blue's Clues, Josh calls Joe from the present store, and Joe arrives hidden Present Package and Blue opens Josh's present and finds the pet turtle from the present store. Josh tells Blue it was a special green turtle with a blue spotted shell. Joe tells Blue that her name is Turquoise and Josh says "Happy Birthday Blue, I love you," as she licks Josh. Blue and her friends all head to the table, where the birthday cake is served. The cast sings the Birthday Song. Soon after, Blue, Joe, and Josh blow out the candles. Josh chuckles and then thanks the viewers. Joe and Josh sing the So Long Song and the episode ends.
The full episode is available on the NickJrPlay YouTube channel. Watching the video requires payment or a subscription.
- The decorations and the stuffed puppy that the viewer picked for Blue's present were rainbow-colored instead of blue with spots, just like Blue herself.
- Josh blows his party blower at the viewer after he tells the viewer that he loves birthdays.
- Josh makes kissing noises while pretending to be a fish for the fishes. However, in a promo for this episode, he kissed his own giraffe balloon that he made.
- In a promo for this episode, he did an impression of Blue while revealing a Blue’s ears balloon party hat.
- The part where the missing balloon and napkin were fixed were absent.
- In the original episode, the first clue (the color green was represented by a green non-sentient but mobile paint drop. In the reboot episode, it was represented by a mere green paint splat.
- Many of the Present Store toys look different.
- In the original episode, Cash Register sold the gifts to Steve. He is replace with Joe who works at the gift store.
- In the original episode, Steve refers to the plush animals as "adorable little toys." In the reboot, Josh refers to them as "adorable little stuffies."
- There were more pets at the Present Store beside Turquoise (who is the only turtle in the store): a blue and purple chameleon, and a pair of fish. Josh refers to the fishes as "cute fishies."
- The noisemaker sound effect that Josh made was from Nelvana Limited's sound effects library.
- The tank that the fish were in represented as the second clue (a tank). In the original episode, the tank representing the second clue was an empty one in the kitchen.
- The fact that the second clue is in the present store does not make sense, because Blue did not and is not supposed to go in the present store or her presents will be spoiled (unless she skidooed and put the paw print there unnoticed a while before Josh skidooed there).
- Joe also notice the viewer said a clue.
- This could be a goof, but it is very confusing.
- It is just like Magenta Gets Glasses and it's remake, when Blue shouldn't be putting a clue inside there.
- There was no skidoo in these episodes, but Blue could have skidooed there.
- Those are the most confusing things about when Blue put a pawprint.
- In the original, Steve bought Turquoise before figuring out Blue's Clues, but in the remake, Josh bought Turquoise after figuring out Blue's Clues.
- The musical chairs scene was absent from the original series.
- Mailtime came immediately after Josh skidoos out of the picture frame.
- Josh still has a present in his hands while he sings the Mailtime Song.
- In the original episode, Gingerbread Boy and Baby Bear were at the party, but are absent in the reboot episode.
- As such, Gingerbread Boy's present was absent from Present Time, but still appeared in the Present Store.
- Baby Bear would appear in the next episode, "Story Time with Blue."
- In contrast, Cinnamon and Joe were absent from the original due to being introduced later.
- Steve is absent from the reboot episode and was replaced by his brother and cousin.
- Paprika and Cinnamon were present in the scenes of cupcakes and placing them on the party table.
- The spice family were present during Present Time.
- Magenta was also present during the beginning of Present Time, when in the original she appeared after everyone else, just before the third clue (a shell) was revealed after her entry.
- In the reboot, the shell was revealed after Blue moved some presents to admire the rainbow puppy the viewer gave her.
- The part after Steve found the third clue where Steve comes back to Blue about to open Magenta's present was omitted.
- In the reboot, none of the other guests besides the viewers shouted "Thinking Chair!" after all three clues were found.
- In the reboot, Josh's guess was that "Could Blue want a green in a tank with a shell as a hat." In the original, there was no wrong answer.
- In the original, there was a game of Pin-the-Flag on Mailbox. In the reboot, this was absent.
- The Birthday Song has different lyrics.
- In the reboot, the Shaker Family were sitting on one of the benches of the table. In the original, they were on the table.
- Also, Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper wore party hats, which they didn't wear in the original.
- In the original, many gifts were shown (i.e. Shovel and Pail giving flowers, Magenta's picture). However, in the reboot, only Slippery Soap's Bubbles, Tickety Tock's Clock Puzzle, The Viewer's dog toy, and Josh's present of Turquoise were given.
- In the original, the credits were played on a banner that says "Happy Birthday Blue" during the So Long Song. In the reboot, the credits were played after the So Long Song as usual.
- The scenes from the original VHS version weren't used.
- It is also known in promos as Blue's Big Birthday Bash.
- Working Title: "A Present For A Friend."
- This is fourth episode to not have "with Blue" in the title.
- If it did, this episode would be "Birthday Party with Blue".
- This is the second episode of the show in production order.
- This episode takes place after "Meet Josh!," because after Blue put her pawprint on the screen, Josh said "I know what that means!", referring to learning how to play in the said episode.
- This episode takes place and is produced before "Big News with Blue," because not only are Sage and Ginger not seen during the theme song, but they don't appear at all in the episode.
- This episode also took place before "Laugh with Blue," because Turquoise was seen in the bedroom bookshelf.
- (This episode also took place before "Getting Glasses With Magenta," because Magenta doesn't have her glasses in the episode.
- It is unknown why this episode was released much later.
- This is the third episode where the end credits are different, it is the same as Laugh with Blue.
- Not counting the 2002 update of Blue's Clues Live!: Blue's Birthday Party, this is the first time Joe celebrates Blue's birthday. This is ironic because Joe had a birthday in "Joe's Surprise Party" in the original Blue's Clues series.
- Josh makes kissing noises for a little bit while pretending to be a fish.
- This is the second time Alexa PenaVega appeared in a form of Blue's Clues media, she previously appeared in a promo for the Blue's Clues special "100th Episode Celebration."
- This is the second episode that doesn't follow the formula "[Subject] with Blue/[Character]" after "Meet Josh!".
- Nick Jr.'s Facebook page posted a shoutout video wishing Blue a happy birthday on the day of the episode's premiere. In addition to some of the celebrity shoutouts from the video letter, this video also contains shoutouts from other celebrities as well as characters from this and other Nick Jr. shows:
- In one of the promo videos for this episode, which was also posted on Nick Jr.'s YouTube Channel, Paprika spoke for the first time.
- It is unknown why neither Josh nor Joe didn't call Steve.
- This is the very first Blue's Clues episode to have a wrong answer with a color clue.
- There are no swirls on the phone when the second clue was found due to the fact that was an unseen phone design.
- Slippery's bubble trail is missing when everyone says goodbye to the viewer.
- When Josh was doing the Mailtime song, Josh was holding the present. That means Blue can see the present.
- Joe appears in his birthday. The next was "Happy Birthday Mailbox".