"Geography" is the 3rd episode of Blue's Clues from Season 3.
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Duarte (Portugal)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Tickety Tock
- Gingerbread Girl (debut)
- Magenta's Mailbox (debut)
- Post Office Mailbox (debut)
- Scanner (only appearance)
- Question: Where does Blue want to go?
- 1. A Building
- 2. A Shelf
- 3. A Book
- Answer: The Library
- Skidoo location: A game board
- Living room picture: The Blue's Clues house from a tree
The viewers at home get to learn about maps and directions to certain places.
Today we are learning all about direction and following maps. To help Steve find Blue, we follow a number of maps. We help out Shovel and Pail in identifying a number of buildings that they could visit to do certain things. Later, we skidoo into a board game and use maps and transportation to reach a gingerbread house. They went to the library to pick up a book called Another Really Great Book. Steve sings the So Long Song and the episode ends.
- Kenny Kim was a friend of Steve in this episode before he began voicing Periwinkle in Season 4. Other friends include retired Senior Animator & Animation Director Holly Klein, and a relative of the celebrity Rosie from Blue's Birthday, Jamie O'Donnell.
- When this episode was on the All Kinds of Signs, and Big, Blue and Just for You! Volume 5 VHS, 20 seconds of the intro was cut off.
- This and the other episode from the VHS "Signs" were both filmed in 1998.
- The library in the Blue's Clues neighborhood has a one-week checkout period.
- But in Blue's Book Nook it was two weeks instead of one. Between the two episodes the library has improved in being nice.
- There is a Nickelodeon logo shaped like a bone in Snack Time and A Snowy Day.
- Due to how fast the credits flip from page to page, this is the second episode in which there are no character animations in the credits, except for the ball and Blue before the book closes.
- The first was in Art Appreciation.
- Steve knocks on the screen at the beginning of this episode.
- This is the only time Steve physically interacts with the fourth wall by knocking.
- The sound effect used for knocking on the screen resembles that of an older glass TV screen. Nowadays, more TV's used plastic instead of glass for screens, so this break in the fourth wall is a little dated.
- Steve checking out the book Another Really Great Book is a reference to the book A Really Great Book from Blue's ABCs.
- Blue licks at the viewer on the screen. The first episode that happened was on Blue's Birthday.
- This is the eighth time Steve wears his tan shoes.
- The Pistas Da Blue version was the last one with the theme song footage from What Does Blue Want to Make?.
- But during the Mailtime song, the footage from What Does Blue Want to Make Out of Recycled Things? is used.
- This is the second time Steve and Blue skidooed into a board game.
- The first time was in Blue Wants to Play a Game.
- In the Pistas da Blue version, when Duarte is doing the theme song, Blue is behind him for the first half, making it impossible for the viewer to see Blue.
|Blue's Clues Season 3|
|Blue's Big Treasure Hunt | Art Appreciation | Weight and Balance | What's That Sound? | Animal Behavior! | Blue's Big Pajama Party | Draw Along with Blue | Hide and Seek | Thankful | Blue's Big Holiday | Pool Party | Anatomy | Signs | Nature | Geography | Occupations | Blue's Big Mystery | Periwinkle Misses His Friend | Blue's Big Musical | What's So Funny? | Blue's Big Costume Party | Inventions | Blue's Play | Prehistoric Blue | The Wrong Shirt | Words | Shy | Magenta Gets Glasses | Environments | Stormy Weather | Blue's Collection | Café Blue|