"Draw Along with Blue" is the seventh episode of Blue's Clues from Season 3.
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Duarte (Portugal)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Marky (debut)
- Shovel (drawing)
- Chalk Girl (debut)
- Chalk Spider (debut)
- Green Chalk Person (debut)
- Question: What does Blue want to draw?
- 1. A Notebook
- 2. Green Stripes
- 3. A Person
- Answer: The Green Striped Host
- Living room picture: A square at the bottom, then the square with a triangle on top, then a square and triangle with an arch on the square, then the square, triangle and arch with a little square on the left of a triangle, then colored in (Steve's house)
- Skidoo location: Chalkworld
Steve and Blue do some drawing.
Blue and Steve have been having fun drawing and they are invited to grab a pencil and a paper and draw along, so the viewers have to get lots and lots of paper, crayons, and pencils, because they will be doing a lot of drawing. They play a game Blue's Clues to figure out who Blue wants to draw a picture of. Steve gets his notebook from Sidetable Drawer, who gives him a picture of a present on yellow paper. After the demo song of how to play Blue's Clues, Steve was about to look for clues when the viewers tell him he dropped an item on the floor. The item he dropped was his notebook, so he picks it up, but the viewers spotted the first clue. They locate his notebook in his hand, which means that he is holding it. This was the first clue, as Blue's pawprint was sitting on the lower left side of the front cover. Steve draws his own notebook in his own notebook. After the first clue, Steve did not get enough info to figure out the answer. So, they get to draw all sorts of neat things and meet Markie, a black marker, who has them play a game in which he tries to figure out who he is drawing. They look outside the window for something neat to draw and then share their drawing with Steve and he shares his with them. In the kitchen, Steve finds the second clue on Green Stripes Steve draws the green stripes in his notebook. He starts with a Light Green Crayon and then a Dark Green Crayon . Steve had two clues but needed to find the third clue. Then it was Mail time. Steve gets his letter and inside the letter was a group of kids drawing. After reading the letter, Steve skidoos into Chalk World, where Chalk Girl asks for Steve's help in telling the story of him trying to find the third clue. As Chalk Girl narrates the story, Steve has to get inside a house during a rainy day, then a spider comes by to greet Steve, which concludes the story. Steve finally finds the third clue, a person. Steve draws the third clue and skidoos back home and went over to the thinking chair to put all three clues together. The first clue was a notebook, the second clue green stripes and the third clue is a person. Blue wanted to draw a picture of Steve. Steve was the answer to Blue's Clues. Steve was ready to be drawn. He just had to pose just right. Steve had to sing the So Long Song to end the episode. The others told him "don't move" and "hold still".
- Christina Franklin, relative of future Content Consultant Scott Franklin, is a friend of Steve in this episode. Robert P. Charde was also one here, before he started working as a Technical Consultant. He's related to Kitty Charde, the future Ultimatte.
- This is the first episode in a Blue's Clues franchise that the title ends with the phrase "with Blue" That will happen in most Blue's Clues & You! episodes.
- In the Mailtime segment, Mailbox practiced bouncing with his dance teacher jukebox from Let's Boogie.
- This is the first time that the host was the answer. The second will be Let's Write!.
- Before Steve was the answer to Blue's Clues, he was a clue in Magenta Comes Over.
- Steve sings The So Long Song as Chalk Girl says Steve, "Stay Still.", like Sock Puppet says "So Long? I Just Got Here" from What Does Blue Want to Make?.
- This is the second and last episode where Steve and Blue skidoo into Chalkworld. The first one was the final episode of Season 1, Blue's News.
- In the Mailtime segment:
- In the Mailtime song, starting with this episode, Blue's modern singing from Blue's Favorite Song will now be used for the rest of the series except for these episodes: Blue's Big Holiday, Occupations, Blue's Play, 100th Episode Celebration, Shape Searchers, Magenta's Messages, Animals in Our House?, and Joe's Clues.
- In the Pistas da Blue Version, Blue's barking to the Mailtime song from Snack Time was used instead of using the one from Blue's Favorite Song. Also, Duarte was on the right side instead of the left side at the end of the Mailtime song.
- This is the first episode where Steve draws his own notebook in his own notebook. This will happen again on two more episodes which are Season 3 episodes Blue's Big Musical and Inventions.
- This was the only episode where Steve does not draw the thinking chair on the notebook which was the first clue. This was also the only episode Steve forgets that the notebook was a clue.
- This is the last time Blue barks no. The other episodes are Snack Time, Blue's Story Time, Adventures in Art, Pretend Time, Blue Wants to Play a Game, What Does Blue Want to Make?, What Story Does Blue Want to Play?, Steve Gets the Sniffles, What Does Blue Want to Build?, Blue's Senses, What Experiment Does Blue Want to Try?, Blue's ABCs, What Does Blue Want to Do with Her Picture?, What Game Does Blue Want to Learn?, and Hide and Seek.
- Shovel appears in a drawing and without Pail for the first time in the series.
- In the credits, a nut falls down for a squirrel to pick up and eat. Blue also draws a bus and Steve and shows it to the viewer.
- During the theme song, Steve is wearing his tan shoes.
- This also happens in Anatomy.
- Steve also wore his tan shoes during the mailtime song.
- When Steve is about to get his notebook from Sidetable, a boom mic can be seen.
- In the Pistas de Blue version during mailtime when Duarte wails "GEEMO!!", Blue cannot be seen.
|Blue's Clues Season 3|
|Blue's Big Treasure Hunt | Art Appreciation | Weight and Balance | What's That Sound? | Animal Behavior! | Blue's Big Pajama Party | Draw Along with Blue | Hide and Seek | Thankful | Blue's Big Holiday | Pool Party | Anatomy | Signs | Nature | Geography | Occupations | Blue's Big Mystery | Periwinkle Misses His Friend | Blue's Big Musical | What's So Funny? | Blue's Big Costume Party | Inventions | Blue's Play | Prehistoric Blue | The Wrong Shirt | Words | Shy | Magenta Gets Glasses | Environments | Stormy Weather | Blue's Collection | Café Blue|