Colors Everywhere! is the second episode of Blue's Clues from Season 5.
- Joe (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Green Puppy
- Tickety Tock (intro & credits only)
- Mr. Salt (intro & credits only)
- Mrs. Pepper (intro & credits only)
- Slippery Soap (intro & credits only)
- Paprika (intro only)
- Cinnamon (intro only)
- Magenta (intro only)
- Periwinkle (intro only)
Portrait of Pals
- Orange Kitten
- Purple Kangaroo
- Tickety Tock
- Slippery Soap (He debuts a new credit action in this episode, which is also the more common version)
- The Viewer
Blue and Joe are finger-painting in the backyard to make their Portrait of Pals! They need to mix the right colors to make orange for Orange Kitten, purple for Purple Kangaroo and magenta for Magenta! Who else does Blue want to paint in the portrait? As preschoolers learn about colors with Joe, they'll look for Blue's Clues to figure it out.
- Question: Who does Blue want to add to the Portrait of Pals?
- 1. The Color Blue
- 2. The Color Yellow
- 3. A Puppy
- Answer: Green Puppy
- Skidoo location: Book of colors
- Living room picture: Joe in his green shirt, then in his orange shirt, then in his yellow shirt, but not Red, Blue or Purple
- Felt frame picture: Various things Colors of Splattered paint cans: First, Blue, then green, then yellow, then orange, but not Red or Purple
- Shapes and Colors! (VHS/DVD, 2003)
- Nickelodeon: Let's Learn Colors (DVD, 2013)
- orange does not appears in the end of the episode Because she was very busy
- Just like the previous episode, Nicole is the only Block relative credited as a friend of Joe. In addition, Danielle and Jennifer Brown, relatives of Content Consultant Laura G. Brown, Ph.D.(not this episode), Jack Hoffman, relative of the voice of Paprika, Corrine Hoffman, and Taylor Mitchell, relative of Assistant Editor Frank Mitchell, are also Joe's Friends.
- This episode can be seen on the Shapes and Colors! VHS and DVD with 2 bonus episodes from Arts and Crafts.
- This episode also appeared on the compilation DVD titled Nickelodeon Let's Learn Colors.
- This is the first episode where Joe changes his shirt multiple times. (In this case, four)
- The first was when Joe changed into an orange shirt after singing how to play Blue's Clues. The second was when Joe was in a yellow shirt at the end of the video letter. Finally, Joe had a red shirt on before drawing the third clue.
- In this episode, Joe starts with his green shirt, then Joe switches to an orange shirt before switching back to his green shirt, then he switches to a yellow shirt before skidooing and switching to a red shirt after skidooing and finally switching back to his green shirt, because of the game, "Presto Change-Joe" in A Brand New Game.
- In the UK version, it was renamed Colours! The reason is the Britain’s naming uses colours instead of colors.
- Joe did not wear his blue or purple shirt at all though.
- When Joe says "We just figured out Blue's Clues", the audio is taken from the Season 4 finale Steve Goes to College except it is sped up and high pitched.
- The Viewer is portrayed as an orange stick figure in the Portrait of Pals.
- The picture of Magenta from Blue's Story Time, Adventures in Art, Blue Goes to the Beach, Magenta Comes Over, Blue's ABCs, Blue's Birthday, What Does Blue Want to Do with Her Picture?, Blue's Sad Day, What Is Blue Trying to Do?, Pool Party, Periwinkle Misses His Friend, Blue's Big Musical Movie, Shy, Blue's New Place, Let's Boogie, Steve Goes to College, The Big Book About Us, Blue Takes You to School, and Magenta's Messages shows her without her glasses, but her portrayal on the Portrait of Pals shows her with them.
- In the UK version, when Kevin draws the color yellow, the footage is similar to Joe's except it's mirrored.
- Also in the UK version, when Kevin pulled out his Notebook in the first and second clues, a black crayon with a green checker wrapped were used. But at the last clue, the black crayon with a red checker wrapped crayon was used.
- Joe and Kevin wear a green, orange, yellow, and red squared shirt in this episode, except a blue or purple squared shirt.
- This episode was later remade in Blue's Clues & You!, as titled Colors Everywhere with Blue.
- A sound from Snack Time was heard when Joe cleaned the pawprint.
- In this episode, Joe does not say, "That's it!"
- At the end of the opening sequence, Blue enters the Blue's Clues house through her special doggy door. Joe shows up outside and leads us over to Blue, who has apparently actually been outside for some time. This will continue to happen every time Joe is outside.
- At the end of the opening sequence, usually, the original instrument plays the 5-note ending, but an acoustic guitar plays the 5-note ending instead.
- At the end of the video letter, usually, the "We Are Looking for Blue's Clues" music plays, but a banjo plays instead.
- Sidetable says that her favorite color is purple in The Big Book About Us. Here, she states it is orange instead.
- Joe pulled out his Handy Dandy Notebook with a green-wrapped crayon, but when he draw the first clue for the color blue, he switched the crayon with the green wrapper to a colored blue crayon, the second clue for the color yellow, he switched to a colored yellow crayon to match his shirt, later, when he drew the third clue, the wrapper on the crayon turned red to match his shirt, then after he drew the clue, the wrapper on the crayon was green again.
- This episode is said that red and orange make vermillion, orange and yellow make marigold, yellow and green make chartreuse, green and blue make aquamarine, blue and purple make violet, and purple and red make magenta. However, it is very confusing what colors make vermillion, margiold, chartreuse, aquamarine, violet, and magenta.