Can You Help? is the first episode of Blue's Clues from Season 5.
- Joe (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Baby Bear
- Gingerbread Boy
Today, Joe needs our help. That is not unusual, but it happens to be the particular theme for this episode. We help out Joe, Blue, and the other characters in a number of ways. For example, we help Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper to make some blueberry pancakes for Blue as a surprise snack. We also help out some friends in Storybook Forest to prepare for a big porridge party.
- Question: What does Blue need help playing?
- 1. A Wolf
- 2. A Basket
- 3. A Cape
- Answer: Little Red Riding Hood
- Skidoo location: Storybook Forest
- Living room picture: A pair of purple handprints
- Nicole Block, Lorraine Flores, and Samuel Williams are all friends of Joe in this episode. Lorraine is related to Content Consultant Lisa Ecklund-Flores, Ph.D. (not this episode), and Samuel is related to the actress of Miranda, Shannon Walker Williams. Block previously was a friend of Steve with her relative Sayonna in Blue's New Place, but her relative is absent in this episode.
- This is the first episode to use the "Another Blue's Clues Day" opening sequence.
- Kevin (UK version) has the original season 4 intro with a matching shirt.
- This is the first episode in which Steve does not appear in this episode.
- This is the first episode to show Joe on his own.
- The jungle music from What Time Is It for Blue? and Pretend Time is heard when Joe or Kevin walks to Sidetable or when finding clues.
- After the credits, Blue who's chasing her ball kneels down and barks. And then the book closes, leaving magic sparkles.
- This is the season five premiere of Blue's Clues.
- A new drumroll is heard when Joe or Kevin found clues.
- Tuba music is heard when Joe or Kevin draws clues.
- For the first four seasons, there was no actual episode title (With the exception of Blue's Big Musical.)
- From now on, there will be an actual episode title for the rest of the series.
- This is the only time the Letter gets stuck.
- This is the only time Joe met Gingerbread Boy and Baby Bear.
- This is also the only time when Gingerbread Boy and Baby Bear share the same Skidoo location.
- During the intro and most episodes, Joe wears an orange shirt, Kevin (UK version) wears a green shirt and in a lot of them a green striped shirt and in Colors Everywhere! is the only one with different shirts.
- In the first four seasons, Blue winks in the outro, but for the rest of the series, she does not wink.
- This is also the first episode where Joe answers the mail.
- Starting with this episode, Joe sings the last line of The So Long Song twice.
- The "Mix a Mix a Mix a song" from "What Does Blue Want to Make?" and "What Does Blue Want to Do with Her Picture?" was sung in this episode, and Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper sang it.
- Joe wears a green squared shirt in this episode.
- In the closing sequence, starting with this episode, the ball bounces 3 times, then rotates, then Blue catches up to it, she doesn't wink, instead, she kneels down and barks "Bye", and then the screen zooms out, and when the ball gets thrown away, she leaves, and then the book closes in the same direction as in Seasons 1-4, leaving magic sparkles, the sound of the sparkles mutes off in the UK, To the right of the book, a little snail plush can noticeably be seen.
- The harp was added when the viewer walked into the door coming into The Blue's Clues House.
- In this episode, the title flag never matches the color of Joe's shirt, the title flag was blue.
- In this episode, Sidetable's inanimate form from Pretend Time was used, this is the only episode with Joe that this happens.
- The character order for the credits in this episode will be used again in The Boat Float.