"Café Blue" is the 30th episode of Blue's Clues from Season 3.
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Duarte (Portugal)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Paprika (absent)
- Slippery Soap (opening sequence only)
- Tickety Tock (customer)
- Shovel (customer)
- Pail (customer)
- Periwinkle (customer)
- Felt Friends
Steve and Blue have set up a restaurant called Café Blue. They have got fancy tables and menus, Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper as chefs and they cannot wait to begin serving food. We help them out with this as they find that it is not as easy as they thought when they are missing some of the things they need for the meal. Steve, Blue and Mr. Salt skidoo into a picture of a grocery store in order to retrieve the missing ingredients for spaghetti sauce. By working together and using math, logic, and observational skills, we help them to prepare meals for Shovel, Pail, Tickety and Periwinkle.
- Question: What should we make for dessert?
- 1. A Cookie (Biscuit in the UK)
- 2. A Scoop of Ice Cream
- 3. Another Cookie (Biscuit in the UK)
- Answer: Ice cream sandwich
- Refrigerator: Magnets O, D, S, L, T, I, Grocery List Apples, Bread & Milk, Grocery Store. (Skidoo location)
- Living room picture: Slices of pizza, an apple, an orange, a sandwich, then an ice cream.
- Felt Frame picture: Felt friend the customer, Fifi and Freddy sitting table, Menu looking, and angel hair pasta, then a sandwich, then an ice cream.
- Bedroom picture: Steve as the waiter and Blue as the chef
- This is the first time that Mr. Salt skidoos on this episode. He previously made a cameo appearance at the bakery in the season 1 episode "What Does Blue Want to Make?". But he did not skidoo in that episode.
- Unlike the previous episodes Periwinkle was presented outside the Blue's Clues house (Including the long episode "Blue's Big Musical"), this is his first time inside.
- This episode is available on the 2001 VHS of Café Blue
- The reboot has an episode theme that focuses solely on a fancy restaurant. It's called "Welcome to Blue's Bistro".
- At the beginning of the skidoo segment, Blue was barking offscreen, but she skidooed back home early. Blue gets apple juice and carrot sticks for the customers.
- Steve's solution of making the drinks even by pouring some of one into another is only practical if nobody has started drinking yet. Even in that case, most restaurant patrons would likely balk at this idea.
- The kind of ice cream sandwich that Steve was referring to is a cookie ice cream sandwich.
- This episode is on the 2001 VHS of the same episode (Along with the series pilot "Snack Time") and the first of the two bonus episodes on the 2004 DVD release of Blue's Room "Snacktime Playdate" (Along with "The Grow Show!").
- The Season 3 finale.
- Valerie Riccardi, one of Steve's Friends in this episode, is mentioned by her first name (Valerie) in the Video Letter segment.
- At the end of the outro, the closing credits music fades out, and the last bit plays when the series title fades to black. This was shown before the Nick Jr. Productions logo.
- When Steve and Mr. Salt skidooed to Grocery Store, it used background music from Present Store in "Mailbox's Birthday" and "Math".
- The living room picture frame has the picture of fourth slice of pizza and half slices of apples in "Math".
- This is the first episode to use a Handy Dandy Notebook variant that is not connected to the Notebook itself.
- When Blue said goodbye to the viewers in the left window at the end, there was no sound.
- Kevin skidoos on the right when Steve skidoos on the left.
- Robert Iredell is credited as Robert A. Irdell.
|Blue's Clues Season 3|
|Blue's Big Treasure Hunt | Art Appreciation | Weight and Balance | What's That Sound? | Animal Behavior! | Blue's Big Pajama Party | Draw Along with Blue | Hide and Seek | Thankful | Blue's Big Holiday | Pool Party | Anatomy | Signs | Nature | Geography | Occupations | Blue's Big Mystery | Periwinkle Misses His Friend | Blue's Big Musical | What's So Funny? | Blue's Big Costume Party | Inventions | Blue's Play | Prehistoric Blue | The Wrong Shirt | Words | Shy | Magenta Gets Glasses | Environments | Stormy Weather | Blue's Collection | Café Blue|