"We play Blue's Clues to figure out which song game Blue wants to play. Along the way, we sing and complete the gestures with Steve and a Sock Monkey and play If You're Happy and You Know It with Tickety Tock. We also determine, through audio and visual elements, which sea creature is dancing to the rhythm of rain, wind, and waves."
- Question: What song game does Blue want to play?
- 1. A Sun
- 2. Rain
- 3. A Spider
- Answer to Blue's Clues: The Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Wrong Answer: The Sunny Spider That Gets Caught in the Rain song
- Living room picture: The beach (skidoo location)
- Felt Frame picture: Freddy and Fifi holding hands same as Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper Day with Music Notes same as Blue's Favorite Song & Blue's Birthday Adventure
Steve plays Blue's Clues to find out what song game Blue wants to play instead of Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes. Steve gets his notebook from Sidetable Drawer and explains one more time to the viewers on how Blue's Clues is played. After that, Steve pretends to be a giant as he looks for the first clue. Steve finds the first clue on the picture of a sun. Steve draws the first clue, a sun, in his notebook. After that, Steve, Blue, and Sock Monkey play "Two Little Monkeys On The Bed". Not long after that, Mailbox comes in with a song of his own. It was "If You're Happy and You Know It". After that, Steve reads the letter where a group of kids had a song game of their own. The actions were opening and closing their hands for the Blue's Clues signature move. The next one was Blue barking, the third one is about Tickety Tock telling the time and where Mailbox brings in the mail. After reading the letter, Steve was impressed with those action moves. Tickety's alarm bells sounded. Steve and Blue go into the bedroom. Tickety hums out the tune of "If You're Happy And You Know It", Tickety asks Steve "Did I hear you singing this song?" and Tickety hums out the same tune. Steve tells her that he and Mailbox were singing "If You're Happy and You Know It". Tickety tells Steve "That's my favorite song game". So, Tickety started by stamping her feet and then waving her arms. Steve adds a couple more movements like wiggling the ears, wagging the tail, and clapping the hands. Steve heard thunder. And the rain started to fall. Steve realized that "rain" was the second clue. He draws it in his notebook. After drawing the second clue. Steve and Blue Skidoo into the picture of a beach where they help out Crabs Dance to the Rhythm of the Rain, Octopi Dance to the Rhythm of the Wind, and Herons Dance to the Rhythm of the Waves. Then, Steve and the viewers dance to the Rhythm of the Rain, Rhythm of the Wind, and Rhythm of the Waves. After that, Steve finds the third clue on a spider. After drawing the third clue, he Skidoos back home with Blue and he sits in the thinking chair to put all the clues together. The clues were the sun, rain, and a spider. Steve thought it was "The Sunny Spider That Gets Caught in the Rain Song". But that was not it. The answer was "Itsy Bitsy Spider". Steve, Blue, Sock Monkey, Tickety, Crab, Octopus, Heron, and Spider got together to play the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" song game. After that, it becomes Steve's turn for a song. He tells Blue (after she reminds him about the "So Long Song"), "Now it is my turn to pick a song game". Finally, he sings the So Long Song and the episode ends.
- Laura Johnson is one of Steve's Friends in this episode. She's related to Traci Paige Johnson, the voice of Blue, and Brown Johnson, the senior vice-president for Nick Jr..
- This is from Blue's Clues VHS Recording Tape.
- This is the last episode to feature the older version of Play Blue's Clues.
- Starting in What Does Blue Want to Make?, the format of the theme song would be updated.
- As the fifth episode to use multiple pawprints, 26 pawprints were seen for the second clue (rain), like the previous episode. In that, three pawprints were used for the third clue (seeds) this episode has a total of 26 pawprints.
- This episode had jazz beats.
- The name of this episode is the same as Blue Wants to Play a Game. However, Song was added to the title.
- "Blue Wants to Play a Song Game!" is the first of two bonus episodes on the DVD Blue's Big Band and the first of two on the video Rhythm and Blue.
- The only instruments that are left in the next version are the accordion and the piano.
- In the Mailtime Segment, Mailbox sings "If You're Happy and You Know It" and waves his flag.
- When Steve tried to put the first two clues together, the (animated) second clue (rain) rained on him, so he used his open notebook as an umbrella.
- This is the only time Blue wags her tail by having her head offscreen.
- Sidetable Drawer was the only character that did not have a song game in this episode, because in this episode which is called "Blue Wants to Play a Song Game!", all she said was "Blue's Clues I'm so excited".
- In the first two scenes, re-shots of Steve's hair from late Season 1 are used, just like The Grow Show.
- First, when he sat with the monkey, his hair changes.
- Second, when he went to Tickety Tock, his hair changes again.
- Instead of Steve singing the So Long Song in the room where he invites the viewer in, he sings it while sitting on the ground with the characters.
- After Steve tells the viewer he will clap the pawprint off and when he says "It'll be great!", his voice is not as high.
- The format looks a lot like the ones from later episodes such as What Story Does Blue Want to Play?, Magenta Comes Over, and Blue's News.
- When Steve says "We Just Got a letter" you can see Blue right by him.
- This is the Season 2 premiere episode for the UK version.
- This was the second time to use two phrases of "A clue! A clue!" and "No, a clue!" from The Grow Show.
- This is the fourth episode that Steve was seen with his late-season 1 hair.
- In the Portugal version, Duarte seems to be excited and pretends to play the guitar during the wrong answer.
- This was the second time the So Long Song was sung in a different place in the house.
- This also happens in later episodes.
- In the Portugal version, Duarte went to the right to get to Sidetable Drawer instead of the left.
- This episode features a Noggin crab logo similar to the Kamp Koral episode "The Jellyfish Kid".
- A reboot version of the episode was made in the form of a story that Josh read in this video in Blue's Clues & You! YouTube channel.
- The footage where Blue goes to the right after playing the Monkeys on the Bed song game would later be reused in the Nick Jr. Kids Opening bumper on Nick Jr. on CBS and some VHS recordings.
- When Steve said, "Wow, the beach." A boom mic can be seen.
- After Steve draws the third and final clue, the pawprint is still on the spider.
|Blue's Clues Season 1|
|Snack Time | What Time Is It for Blue? | Mailbox's Birthday | Blue's Story Time | What Does Blue Need? | Blue's Favorite Song | Adventures in Art | Blue Goes to the Beach | Pretend Time | A Snowy Day | The Trying Game | Blue Wants to Play a Game | The Grow Show | Blue Wants to Play a Song Game | What Does Blue Want to Make? | What Story Does Blue Want to Play? | Tickety's Favorite Nursery Rhyme | What Is Blue Afraid Of? | Magenta Comes Over | Blue's News|