Blue Takes You to School is the twenty-fifth episode of Blue's Clues from season 5.
- Sidetable Drawer
- Magenta's Mailbox (cameo)
- Post Office Mailbox
- Mr. Salt
- Felt Friends
- Green Puppy
- Orange Kitten
- Purple Kangaroo
- Baby Bird
- Miss Marigold
- Polka Dots
Periwinkle is ready for his first day of school. Once he gets there, he finds that he thinks that school is lots of fun. He takes part in activities such as circle time and painting time and even gets to feed Giggles, the class bunny. When it is time to go home, he likes school so much that he wants to play it as a game at home. And since the third clue was found on the way home, Joe figured out Blue's Clues and when playing school, they play the answer to Blue's Clues (Which is circle time).
The episode starts with Periwinkle, saying that it is his first day of school. He has his lunch box with him. After going through the door panel we see Joe (in his yellow shirt). Periwinkle already had breakfast. We then see Blue. We also then play Blue's Clues.
After this, Periwinkle went to feed the bunny.
We then find the second clue (with Joe), Friends was a second clue (Just like A Brand New Game). We drew it in our Notebook.
Then it is time to go outside. Purple Kangaroo is the line leader.
After going outside, we see Periwinkle, Orange Kitten, and Green Puppy, Periwinkle splatted both Orange Kitten and Green Puppy. Peri than said sorry.
It was then lunchtime. And Periwinkle ate his lunch.
After school, Joe brought Periwinkle and Blue to The Blue's Clues house. Beforehand, we see the third clue (A circle).
We then went to think about what is Blue's favorite part of the school. It was circle time.
Then we played circle time. Then the episode ends.
- Question: What is Blue's favorite part of school?
- 1. A Rug
- 2. Friends
- 3. A Circle
- Answer: Circle Time
- Living room picture: A school, then a pencil, then a composition book
- Amber Anderson and Associate Producer Shannon George are friends of Joe in this episode. Amber is related to Dr. Dan Anderson, a former content consultant.
- According to the original website of Elizabeth Holder, one working title for this episode was Peri's First Day of School. This episode appears in some online listings as Periwinkle's First Day of School. However, the actual title pennant said "Blue Takes You to School".
- Before this episode was released, a book was published titled "Blue Goes to School".
- Near the end of the movie Daddy Day Care, Becca (one of the kids in the movie) can be seen reading this book.
- Periwinkle refers to Purple Kangaroo as a her in this episode.
- There was no skidoo or Mailtime segment in this episode.
- Blue skidooed into her school in past episodes like "Blue's Sad Day" and "Shy" as well as a later episode, and earlier in the season, but in this episode, Blue went to the actual physical building to go to school.
- This is the second time Periwinkle goes through the door flap. The first time was in 100th Episode Celebration.
- During The So Long Song, Periwinkle says "You sure are smart" instead of Joe.
- In the book of this episode, Purple Kangaroo says that red was his favorite color, but in this episode, he says that purple was his favorite color.
- This is the first and only time we see Green Puppy angry, just like Blue's picture of her in Blue's Sad Day.
- In both the episode and the book, Orange Kitten got splat by Periwinkle. Different people were splat beside her, Blue was splat in the book, and Green Puppy was splat in the episode.
- When Periwinkle opens the door flap, the telephone picks up sound effect from Blue Goes to the Beach is used.
- The wind-up toy from "Blue's Senses" appears in one of the cubbies next to the second clue (a picture of friends).
- When everyone lined up at the door for recess, the drawings near the chalkboard from "Draw Along with Blue" (including the one with Snail on it) are hung near the door.
- This is the only appearance of Giggles the bunny.
- The tune for "Circle Time" (along with several of its lyrics) will be put to later use when opening up Dress Up Chest in "Blue's Room".
- This the first episode to show Baby Bird carrying a clue, followed by Magenta's Messages and Look Carefully..., the latter was not a shaped clue.
- Joe wears a yellow squared shirt in this episode.
- This is also the last time Joe's color choice for his shirt was yellow, if one doesn't count Joe's duck outfit from Joe's Clues. He wore it for four episodes for the entire time of Blue's Clues and all four episodes in season 5.
- When the classmates were introducing each other with their favorite color, nobody picked the color green.
- This is the last produced Season 5 episode in which the clues magically appear in the notebook, sing and talk. On the next produced episode in which Joe plays Blue's Clues, "Blue Goes to the Doctor", it reverts to Joe drawing the clues again.
- In the credits, children can be heard cheering in the background. That's when Periwinkle appears. But the funny thing is that when Periwinkle wiggles his ears, a woodblock is hit to make it look like his ears make a sound.
- Mr. Salt appears without Mrs. Pepper in this episode, except for during the credits.
- There was no drumroll when Joe found the third clue.
- After Mr. Salt says the title, his mouth does not move when he sings "It's another..."
- The Viewer does not say the answer to Blue's Clues. This is one of the only times this happens.
- The third clue (Circle) said Woah!, while it was being drawn.
|Blue's Clues Season 5|
|Can You Help? | Colors Everywhere! | The Snack Chart | The Big Book About Us | Playing Store | Patience | 100th Episode Celebration | Joe's Surprise Party | I'm So Happy! | The Boat Float | Bedtime Business | Shape Searchers | Blue Goes to the Doctor | Contraptions! | A Brand New Game | A Surprise Guest | Dress Up Day | Blue's Big Band | Up, Down, All Around! | Story Wall | The Alphabet Train | Numbers Everywhere! | Blue's Predictions | Our Neighborhood Festival | Blue Takes You to School | Meet Polka Dots! | The Scavenger Hunt | Let's Write! | Magenta's Messages | Body Language | Blue's Big Car Trip | Look Carefully... | I Did That! | Animals in Our House? | Morning Music | Blue's First Holiday|