"Blue Prints" is the unaired pilot episode of Blue's Clues.
Although the pilot was never aired, its plot was adapted into the series' first official episode, "Snack Time."
- Four characters— Blue, Steve, Sidetable, and Mr. Salt— are confirmed to have appeared in the pilot. It can be assumed that the other residents of the Blue's Clues house (minus Paprika and Cinnamon) appeared, as they are present in Snack Time.
- Clips of the pilot were shown as part of the documentary special Behind the Clues: 10 Years with Blue. These clips were the only portions of the pilot available to the public, until more clips shown from the Pilot came out in September 2021.
- Steve's shirt was a short-sleeved red polo. In the first official episode, it was changed to a long-sleeved green striped shirt.
- Sidetable Drawer was yellow instead of red. She also resembled a drawing made with crayons in the pilot, while she appears to be made of clay in the series.
- Nick Balaban, the voice of Mr. Salt, originally gave his character a New York accent before deciding he should be French.
- Early concepts showed Blue as a male cat. According to Behind the Clues, her species and gender were changed after Nickelodeon executives said that they already greenlit a show starring a cat.
- The animation of the Blue's Clues house is different from the series, but the Thinking Chair is the same one used in further episodes.
- In January 2021, Angela Santomero revealed she has a copy of the pilot, and that it was filmed around 1994.
- In September 2021, clips of this unaired pilot were released on Nick Jr’s Instagram Page.
- In the premiere episode of Blue's Clues & You!, Steve has a detective agency named "Blue Prints Detective Agency", a homage to the pilot.
- Steve skidoos differently than he did in other episodes.
- He also did Mailtime differently as well.
- Steve also has a different Notebook than the one he uses in the series.