"Blue Prints" is the unaired pilot episode of Blue's Clues.
Although the pilot was never aired, its plot was adapted into the series' first official episode, "Snack Time."
- Four characters— Blue, Steve, Sidetable, and Mr. Salt— are confirmed to have appeared in the pilot. It can be assumed that the other residents of the Blue's Clues house (minus Paprika and Cinnamon) appeared, as they are present in Snack Time.
- Clips of the pilot were shown as part of the documentary special Behind the Clues: 10 Years with Blue. These clips are the only portions of the pilot available to the public.
- Steve's shirt was a short-sleeved red polo. In the first official episode, it was changed to a long-sleeved green striped shirt.
- Sidetable Drawer was yellow instead of red. She also resembled a drawing made with crayons in the pilot, while she appears to be made of clay in the series.
- Nick Balaban, the voice of Mr. Salt, originally gave his character a New York accent before deciding he should be French.
- Early concepts showed Blue as a male cat. According to Behind the Clues, her species and gender were changed after Nickelodeon executives said that they already greenlit a show starring a cat.
- The animation of the Blue's Clues house is different from the series, but the Thinking Chair is the same one used in further episodes.
- In January 2021, Angela Santomero revealed she has a copy of the pilot, and that it was filmed around 1994.
- In the premiere episode of Blue's Clues & You!, Steve has a detective agency named "Blue Prints Detective Agency". It is a similar name to this episode.