"Blue Is Frustrated" is the eighteenth episode of Blue's Clues from the second season. It was the thirty-eighth episode to be aired.
Steve and Blue teach the viewers what to do if they get frustrated.
- Question: Why is Blue frustrated?
- A Sink
- A Toothbrush
- Answer to Blue's Clues: Blue cannot reach her toothbrush
- Skidoo: Picture of forest
- Felt Frame picture: Freddy tries to reach a balloon
Frustration happens to everyone, even characters in the Blue's Clues House, Fortunately, there is a way to deal with it, if you feel frustrated, the best thing to do is to stop, breathe, and think. Steve uses this idea when he has trouble keeping the picture by the Thinking Chair straight. This idea helps out Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper as well to make a cheese sandwich, celery with peanut butter and raisins, and cups for juice for the picnic. Later, we help out Rabbit who is frustrated about trying to balance things on a teeter-totter in US/Seesaw in the UK.
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Duarte (Portugal)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Shovel (cameo)
- Pail (cameo)
- Jasmine Pazer is one of Steve's Friends in this episode. Her relative Ariel Pazer will become a friend of Joe in Blue's Big Car Trip.
- While Steve sings the Skidoo song, Steve did not say "We Can." Instead, he says "You and Me".
- In the Kevin version, Kevin says the word "hate" next to the first two clues.
- This is one of two episodes where Steve draws clues with a broken crayon.
- The other episode was Math!.
- This is the first time Steve/Kevin/Duarte/HyunShup Shin lose their temper.
- Steve can be heard saying gibberish words when he gets frustrated.
- This was filmed in 1998.
- This is the first time Mailbox gets stuck, he will get stuck again in Blue's Big Musical.
- A mishap occurs when Steve was about to draw, when he tried to draw a sink (the first clue), his crayon flew out of the notebook. Then when he tried to do the second clue (water), the crayon breaks in half.
- The picture in the frame in the opening scene is a reference to the fable "The Fox and the Grapes".
- This is the last of the older first version of the lyrics, the others are What Does Blue Want to Make?, What Story Does Blue Want to Play?, Tickety's Favorite Nursery Rhyme, What Is Blue Afraid Of?, Magenta Comes Over, Blue's News, Steve Gets the Sniffles, What Does Blue Want to Build?, Blue's Senses, What Experiment Does Blue Want to Try?, What Does Blue Want to Make Out of Recycled Things?, What Was Blue's Dream About?, Blue's ABCs, Math!, What Does Blue Want to Do with Her Picture?, Blue's Surprise at Two O'Clock!, The Lost Episode!, Blue's Sad Day, What Game Does Blue Want to Learn?, What Did Blue See?, and Nurture!
- In this episode, Danielle Livecchi who does the voice of the Bunny from What Story Does Blue Want to Play? is credited as Danielle DeVecchio.
- Also, like What Story Does Blue Want to Play?, Todd Kessler wrote and directed the entire episode.
- That was the first time Steve broke a crayon
- This episode features a mainly Noggin Train logo.
- This is the only episode where Blue growls.
- When Steve gets frustrated after the crayon flies out of his notebook, it kinda sounds like he rages and swears after he makes the plop sound
- When Kevin is frustrated after breaking his crayon, he clearly loses his temper.
- Just before Steve opens the letter during Mailtime, a boom mic can be seen.
- Steve never told Mailbox to take a deep breath.
- If Blue could not reach her toothbrush, then how did she get a pawprint on it as the third clue?
- After Steve draws the third and final clue, the pawprint is still on the toothbrush.