Blue Goes to the Doctor is the thirteenth episode of Blue's Clues from season 5.
- Sidetable Drawer
- Polka Dots
- Felt Friends
- Nurse Kenny (debut)
- Dr. Mya (debut)
- Monkey (cameo)
- Big Brother Monkey (cameo)
- Orange Kitten (cameo)
Blue is going to the doctor. She is not sick, but she is getting a checkup and so Joe helps her gather the things she needs to get ready, including Polka Dots to hold on to in case she gets scared. The viewers play doctor and nurse with Shovel and Pail and later join Blue for her checkup. After her checkup, Blue has a special surprise for Joe.
- Question: What does Blue want to do after her checkup?
- Blue's White Coat
- A Bag
- Joe (himself)
- Answer: Give Joe a checkup
- Place: The doctor's office
- Living room picture: A red cross, then a Band-Aid, then a stethoscope, then a reflex hammer
- Taylor Mitchell and Scripting & Development Coordinator Sascha Paladino are both friends of Joe in this episode. Taylor is related to Frank Mitchell, one of the two Assistant Editors of Season 5. But Frank was working with Dale Clowdis' team at the time. This episode used David B. Levy's team.
- This is the first time Joe is a clue.
- The second is Joe's Clues.
- The present store music from Mailbox's Birthday and Math can be heard in the waiting room.
- In the Mailtime Segment, Mailbox shows off a bandage on his flag.
- He got a paper cut and put it on there to help the cut heal.
- When Joe and Blue head home from the doctor's, the "Blue Skidoo, We Can Too" tune was used in the Thinking Chair theme music.
- It is also shown in the movie Imagine That, when Olivia Danielson is watching TV.
- Joe wears a blue squared shirt in this episode.
- Even though the word "otoscope" has a long "o" in the beginning, it has a short "o" instead, so this is incorrect spelling.
- Dr. Mya is the only doctor who gives Blue her checkup while Nurse Kenny takes his break.
- Unlike the nine previous produced episodes in which Joe plays Blue's Clues (excluding "Blue's First Holiday"), this episode features Joe hand drawing the clues for the last time in production order until "Meet Blue's Baby Brother", a Blue's Room episode.
- A scene from this episode appeared on the television in the Nickelodeon movie Imagine That when Evan switched to it for Olivia to watch.
- Joe refers to Polka Dots as "her" in this episode, but the viewers will later learn that Polka Dots is male.
- In the Verizon Fios guide of this episode, Steven Burns is accidentally added to the cast.
- While learning How to play “Blue’s Clues,” Joe was singing too late
|Blue's Clues Season 5|
|Can You Help? | Colors Everywhere! | The Snack Chart | The Big Book About Us | Playing Store | Patience | 100th Episode Celebration | Joe's Surprise Party | I'm So Happy! | The Boat Float | Bedtime Business | Shape Searchers | Blue Goes to the Doctor | Contraptions! | A Brand New Game | A Surprise Guest | Dress Up Day | Blue's Big Band | Up, Down, All Around! | Story Wall | The Alphabet Train | Numbers Everywhere! | Blue's Predictions | Our Neighborhood Festival | Blue Takes You to School | Meet Polka Dots! | The Scavenger Hunt | Let's Write! | Magenta's Messages | Body Language | Blue's Big Car Trip | Look Carefully... | I Did That! | Animals in Our House? | Morning Music | Blue's First Holiday|