"Steve and Blue are going to the beach! In this episode, we decide what clothes would be most appropriate to wear to the beach, and experiment with physics in a game of sink or float with Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper. Then, we help sea creatures find their way back to the playground by matching their shapes with the coral reef."
- Question: What else do Blue and Steve need to bring to the beach?
- 1. A Basket
- 2. A Blanket
- 3. A Sandwich
- Answer to Blue's Clues: A picnic
- Wrong Answer: Burying a sandwich and basket in the sand, and covering them up with a blanket.
- Living room picture: A sailboat on the sea
- Skidoo location: An island (Postcard on the refrigerator)
Steve and Blue are going to the beach and while we are there, we decide what clothes would be most appropriate to wear to the beach and experiment with physics in a game of sink and float with Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper. Then, we help sea creatures find their way back to the playground by matching their shapes with the coral reef under the sea. Blue decides to go on a picnic.
- Coordinating Producer Penelope Jewkes and Cecilia Gonzalez, relative of future senior animator Dayna Gonzalez, are also Steve's Friends in this episode.
- This episode uses the same Starfish from What Does Blue Need? and Blue Wants to Play a Game.
- The beach was used in the episode - What Does Blue Need?.
- The pool was used on a later episode - Pool Party.
- When Steve is searching for Blue, there is music playing in the background that might be a parody of music from the movie Jaws.
- This is the first time in which Steve was on the right side at the end of the Mailtime song.
- This is the first appearance of the modern telephone pick up sound effect. This sound effect has been heard in some episodes from this season and later seasons until Season 5's Blue's First Holiday.
- This is the first episode since Mailbox's Birthday where Steve explains what would happen before the correct answer was given.
- The Mailtime footage in this episode was later used in Blue Wants to Play a Song Game, What Does Blue Want to Make? and What Is Blue Afraid Of?.
- In the TV Version, Sidetable Drawer says "Blue's Clues, I'm so excited!" and Steve gets his notebook coming from the left side of the house.
- But in the VHS Version, Sidetable Drawer said "I just love Blue's Clues" and Steve gets his notebook coming from the right side of the house.
- This is the only time a basket was the first clue. In the episodes The Trying Game and Can You Help? the basket was the second clue.
- This is the last episode where Steve's voice is higher-pitched and more excited before his voice became more deeper and calmer in the next episode, Pretend Time. However, there are some episodes later on the series that his can somewhat be higher pitched when he says something, especially in the later episodes of Season 1 and in some episodes of Season 2.
- Joe did the same basket from Can You Help?.
- This is the only episode with fish in the Nick Jr. logo at the end of the US version where the first clue is not found in the kitchen.
- This is the first time of the line called "It's a Clue!".
- This is also the first time Dave Palmer was credited as the animation director.
- This is the first episode where a food item is a clue (the third clue was a sandwich).
- When Blue goes to appear with Steve during The So Long Song, her swimsuit was not on.
- This episode mainly features a Noggin Blue Ball logo.
- Despite Mrs. Pepper knocking the cup over, it doesn't seem to be filling up with water, and then sinking to the bottom of the sink.
|Blue's Clues Season 1|
|Snack Time | What Time Is It for Blue? | Mailbox's Birthday | Blue's Story Time | What Does Blue Need? | Blue's Favorite Song | Adventures in Art | Blue Goes to the Beach | Pretend Time | A Snowy Day | The Trying Game | Blue Wants to Play a Game | The Grow Show | Blue Wants to Play a Song Game | What Does Blue Want to Make? | What Story Does Blue Want to Play? | Tickety's Favorite Nursery Rhyme | What Is Blue Afraid Of? | Magenta Comes Over | Blue's News|