"Blue's Surprise at Two O'Clock" is the twelfth episode of Blue's Clues from the second season. It was the thirty-third episode to be aired.
Steve and Blue teach the viewers how to tell time. Blue has a surprise for Steve and the viewers too.
- Question: What is Blue’s surprise at 2:00?
- 1. Orange Juice
- 2. A Popsicle Stick US/A Lollipop Stick UK
- 3. An Ice Cube Tray
- Answer to Blue's Clues: Orange juice pops US/Orange Lollipops UK
- Living room picture: Day and night
- Skidoo location: Book Hickory Dickory Dock (Grandfather Clock's race against time)
- Felt Frame picture: Felt Clock
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Duarte (Portugal)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Tickety Tock
- Grandfather Clock
- Turquoise (cameo)
Blue has a special surprise, but it will not be ready till 2:00 and at the start of the episode, it is only 1:40 by Steve's watch. He does not think he can wait that long to find out what it is, but Blue helps out by having him play Blue's Clues to pass the time. Soon, the first clue, orange juice is found. Time is something which Tickety thinks she could use some help on, as her hands seem to be stuck at 1:00. So we help her out by showing her which way to move her hands in order to go forward in time and reach 2:00. Later, Blue and Steve skidoo into Tickety's Favorite Nursery Rhyme, where they play a game called Race Against Time. In this game, the objective is to identify a slowly revealed picture within fifteen seconds. Soon, the third clue, an ice cube tray is found and the answer turns out to be orange juice pops. Later everyone enjoys Blue's surprise and we also learn how to do it for ourselves. Steve sings the So Long Song and the episode ends.
- Ryan Rodriguez and Editor L. Mark Sorre are both friends of Steve in this episode. Ryan is related to popular friend Chelsea Rodriguez.
- This is the eleventh episode to use the usual "No, it's a clue!" line from Adventures in Art.
- This is the third time "A clue! A clue!" was heard from Blue Wants to Play a Game and Math!.
- This is the first episode where the viewers did not say There she is! in the intro.
- Events in this episode definitely do "not" occur in real-time. The displayed clock starts out 1:40. Later, it reads 1:45, even though only about three minutes have passed. And throughout, the times never really seem to match up.
- This is the first time that one of the kids (Steve's Friends) at the end of the Video Letter segment, gives him something from the letter, which turns out to be a clue.
- This also happens in Bedtime Business.
- This is the first of two times where Steve did not actually ask the question for Blue's Clues: He said, "Well, it's gonna be hard to wait, Blue, but maybe if we had some hints, or some clues..." Blue then placed her signal pawprint.
- It took longer for the mail to come.
- Grandfather Clock appeared on the pages of "Hickory Dickory Dock", but the skidoo location takes place inside him. Also, the voice of Grandfather Clock was later heard as "Big Booming Voice" in Look Carefully....
- The items on the refrigerator are letter magnets that spell "TIME" (the T and I hold a paper plate clock) on the top door (the freezer area), and number magnets that form another clock (two bigger 1s form the hands) on the bottom door.
- This is another episode where "A clue! A clue!" was heard from What Experiment Does Blue Want to Try?.
- This is the another episode "No, A Clue!" from What Was Blue's Dream About?
- This is the 3rd time "A clue a clue" was heard from "Blue's Story Time" and "What Does Blue Want to Do with Her Picture?
- After Steve uses his listening skill "What? Is it 2:00, already? Yes!", the kids say "No, a clue!" But on the Durate version, the kids actually said "No, it's not 2:00! It's a clue!"
- Blue and Tickety hold their orange juice pops when they appear during the credits but not Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper.
- In the closing theme, stock footage of Steve singing So Long is used, but in the Durate verison, it actually shows Duarte holding a popsicle, and actually eating it as the door closes.
- In the credits, except for Mr. Salt & Mrs. Pepper, all characters have orange juice pops in their hands or paws.
- Hal Rifken directed the video letter.
- In this episode, when Mailbox says, "You're gonna LOVE IT!", it sounds like it is said by Wheezie from Dragon Tales.
- Steve gave the viewer his watch at the beginning of the episode, but the viewer never gave it back to him.
- This also happens in What Did Blue See?
- When Steve says "Five seconds!" a small part of his head is cut off for a split second.
- It's unknown why Mailbox was late delivering the mail.