Blue's Snowy Day Surprise is the fourth episode of season three and the forty-fourth episode overall in the reboot series Blue's Clues & You!. It is a new version of "A Snowy Day" and "Blue's Surprise at Two O'Clock".
There are SNOW many great things to do on a snowy day, but Blue's surprise may be the best! Josh and Blue play a wintry game of Blue's Clues to figure out what her surprise is. Along the way, they make shapes in the snow with their friends and sing a snow day song with Mo Snow.
It's a very snowy day and Blue has a surprise for Josh, but what is the surprise? With the help of the viewer, Josh plays Blue's Clues to figure it out along with a special notebook called the "Snotebook". After looking for different shapes in the snow, the first clue is a rectangle. Later Blue skidoos into a snowy world where Mo Snow resides. Josh comes along and they sing about where snow comes from. Finally, Josh sits in the snowy thinking chair, and realizes that Blue's surprise is to take him to go sledding down in the hill. After that, they go meet their friends in front of the Blue's Clues house, where Blue has another surprise: some hot cocoa.
- Sidetable Drawer
- Tickety Tock
- Slippery Soap
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Mo Snow
- Question: What is Blue's snowy day surprise?
- A Rectangle
- A Hill
- Answer to Blue’s Clues: Sledding
- Wrong answer: A rectangular hill is falling down
- Skidoo Location: Mo Snow's House
- Snow Picture: Mo Snow's House
- This is the last episode to air in 2021.
- Josh is wearing his winter jacket like he did in Blue's Night Before Christmas, Spring is Here! and A Blue's Clues Festival of Lights.
- Josh is outside in the snow in a snowy Thinking Chair. This is the third episode where someone is outside all day long. The first two being Nature and Spring is Here! when Steve and Josh sat in the Thinking Rock, when Steve drew shapes, grass, and the sky, and when Josh drew eyes, the sky, and a star.
- Josh made the paw print into snow like he did from Blue's Night Before Christmas.
- This marks the sixth episode in the franchise where it was snowing. The others being A Snowy Day, Blue's Big Holiday, Stormy Weather, Blue's First Holiday, and Blue's Wishes.
- Josh is showing his notebook like he did in Happy Birthday Blue, It's Your Birthday!, The Ghost of the Living Room, and A Blue's Clues Festival of Lights.
- In A Snowy Day, Blue wore a hat, coat, scarf, earmuffs, and boots, but this time, she had no scarf and earmuffs.
- The shapes in the snow are similar to what happened in Blue's Treasure Hunt when Josh and Blue helped Slippery Soap and the Pirate Pandas fill in holes with shapes.
- This is the second episode in the franchise in which a rectangle was a clue. The first being Blue's Show and Tell Surprise. The rectangle Josh first drew was sideways instead of upwards.
- Coincidentally, this is also the second time where a rectangle was the first clue with Blue's Show and Tell Surprise being the first.
- Josh said, "interesting," again like he and Steve did in What Experiment Does Blue Want to Try?, Science with Blue, and The Ghost of the Living Room.
- Josh said, "excellent work," like Joe did in The Alphabet Train when Joe and Blue found an x-ray for the X box.
- This marks the tenth episode in the franchise where flowers were seen. The others being What Does Blue Need? when Blue helped Shovel and Pail dig a hole to plant flowers, The Grow Show and Growing with Blue when Steve, Josh and Blue planted a garden, The Lost Episode! and Blue's Play when Steve drew flowers, Nature when Steve and Blue helped Mr. Salt and Paprika make a flower bouquet for Mrs. Pepper and when Windy moved the flowers from the Winter Location to the Spring Location, Spring is Here! when Josh got his notebook from Sidetable Drawer from a flower, Let's Plant when Steve and Blue learned about flowers, plants and trees, and Contraptions! when Joe helped Mr. Salt with a flower contraption.
- This marks the second episode where a snowflake was seen. The first time being A Snowy Day when Steve and Blue helped Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper find the snowflakes that look alike.
- The clue coming down with the snow was similar to what happened in What Does Blue Need? when Steve helped Blue and Starfish find the ocean and they went down next and Blue Wants to Play a Song Game when Steve found the second clue on the rain, which is also coming down.
- This is the fifth episode in the franchise in which any direction was a clue. The first four being Blue's Book Nook, Our Neighborhood Festival, and Meet Polka Dots! when Up was a clue and Blue's Beach Bonanza when Sideways was a clue. This is the first time that Down was drawn.
- Josh said, "snow close," instead of, "so close," which is similar to what happened in The Grow Show and Growing with Blue when Steve and Josh said, "grow," instead of, "go," and said, "We're all ready to grow. I mean go," "Which way did Blue grow? I mean go," "Let's go see what's growing on. I mean going on," and "The Mail's here. Let's grow. I mean go,".
- Mailbox saying, "The only thing better is a snow day letter," was similar to what happened in Rhyme Time when Mailbox gave Steve things that rhyme with letter and then his actual letter.
- This is the seventeenth time where there were riddles and rhymes that were used and rhymed. The others being in Tickety's Favorite Nursery Rhyme, Blue's News, What Does Blue Want to Build?, Blue's Big Treasure Hunt, Blue's Big Costume Party, Blue's Big Pajama Party, Adventure, Rhyme Time, The Legend of the Blue Puppy, Big News with Blue, Spooky Costume Party with Blue, Pajama Party with Blue, Blue's Night Before Christmas, What I Like About Blue, It’s Your Birthday, and The Ghost of the Living Room.
- Josh and Blue are floating on a snowflake and sang a song, which is similar to what happened in Environments when Steve and Blue rode on Mother Nature's cloud and went to the grasslands, the rainforest, and Tundra and sang The Environment Song, Stormy Weather when Steve and Blue went up and sang a song with a puddle drop of water on how rain works and sang the Rain Song, and Blue's Rainy Day Rainbow when Josh and Blue went on a cloud and sang Here Comes a Rainbow with Rainbow.
- The wrong answer, a rectangular hill is falling down, is a reference to the traditional English nursery rhyme "London Bridge Is Falling Down".
- This is the third time where there was a sled. The first two being Blue's First Holiday when young Steve and Blue slid down a hill on their sled and Blue's Night Before Christmas when Steve put a sled ornament on the tree because Slippery liked sledding.
- Tickety Tock made her snow angel again like she and Slippery Soap did when they were younger in Blue's First Holiday.
- Mo Snow telling Josh that it's his turn to sing was similar to what happened in What Experiment Does Blue Want to Try? and Science with Blue when the Sun told Steve and Josh that it was their turn to sing the Planets Song and Blue's Rainy Day Rainbow when Rainbow told Josh that it was his turn to sing Here Comes a Rainbow.
- This is the first episode since Blue's Rainy Day Rainbow in which a character from the skidoo segment reappears at the end of the episode.
- Mo Snow plays the first few notes of "The So Long Song", then Josh joins in after. He also sings the second verse and the last verse of the song. Electric guitar instrumentals are also added to it as well.
- This is the fourth episode in the reboot where the first clue was found before the first commercial break and the second clue was found after the second commercial break. The first three being Spring is Here!, Blue's Anywhere Box Surprise, and It's Your Birthday!.
- This is the fourth episode in the reboot where an animated clue moves differently above Josh's head and shoulders than its usual side to side tilting movements. The first three being ABC's with Blue, Blue's Big Beat Band, and Blue's Beach Bonanza.
- Snail's second appearance in this episode is in the form of an ice sculpture during the skidoo segment.
- Also, when Josh and Blue walk up the hill, Snail can be seen sledding down the hill in a winter outfit.
- This is the tenth episode in the reboot where a violin was an instrument for a clue. The first nine being Spooky Costume Party with Blue, Thankful with Blue, Blue's Treasure Hunt, What I Like About Blue, Spring is Here!, Blue's Anywhere Box Surprise, Blue Makes a Movie with You!, The Ghost of the Living Room, and A Blue's Clues Festival of Lights.
- This is also the eighth episode in the reboot where a violin was an instrument for the first clue. The first seven being Spooky Costume Party with Blue, Thankful with Blue, Blue's Treasure Hunt, Spring is Here!, Blue's Anywhere Box Surprise, The Ghost of the Living Room, and A Blue's Clues Festival of Lights.
- The Snotebook has a different ding than Steve, Joe, and Josh's Handy Dandy Notebooks.
- In earlier airings, in the closing credits, it showed the character pop ups from Construction Sites. It's the same error in Growing with Blue, but it's the opposite. It shows the incorrect credits instead of characters.
- This error has now been fixed as of December 11, 2021.