"Blue's Senses" is the third episode of Blue's Clues from the second season. It was the twenty-third episode to be produced and the twenty-fifth to be aired.
In this episode, Steve and Blue experiment with a few senses.
- Question: What does Blue want to play?
- 1. A Box
- 2. A Light
- 3. A Sound (Choo Choo)
- Answer: Train
- Wrong Answer: Put the box over the light, and then shake it until it makes a "choo-choo" sound
- Living room picture: Green hand prints
- Skidoo location: PC Computer Game (Sound notes game)
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer (play blue's clues only)
- Mailbox (mailtime only)
- Tickety Tock (non-speaking) (before found our 1st clue only)
- Felt Friends
- Wind-up Drum Toy (debut)
- Wind-up Frog Toy (debut)
- Bunny Slippers
- Stuffed Giraffe
- Squirrel (debut)
- Red Bird
Blues leaves tactile, visual, and audio clues. They play Blue's Clues to figure out what Blue wants to play. Steve gets his notebook from Sidetable Drawer. Steve follows a wind-up toy (which he used to race earlier) as it goes into the bedroom. The wind-up toy disappears under Steve's bed. He tries to find it but Steve fishes out other objects under his bed based on how they feel. He felt a hairbrush, a pair of bunny slippers, and finally Blue, who found the wind-up toy. After feeling more objects, Steve finds the first clue on a box. He draws it in his notebook. Later on, Steve and Blue play Lights On, Lights Off as they clean up in the dark. After about three rounds of Lights On, Lights Off (where some blocks, a stuffed giraffe, and some crayons were put in the toy chest), a clue was found on a light on the felt board. Steve draws the second clue in his notebook. Then, it was mail time. In the Mailtime segment, Mailbox could not stop laughing. Something was tickling him. As he opens up, Steve realized that there were lots of feathers on the letter that was tickling Mailbox. Steve reads the letter and once he was finished, Steve and Blue Skidoo into their computer to do some listening with Squirrel. They hear a bird chirping, a water fountain rushing, and a swing squeaking as it rocks back and forth. Suddenly, the squirrels had to leave. Steve finds a clue on a sound note that went choo-choo. Steve draws the third clue in his notebook. Then, he Skidoos back home with Blue to the thinking chair to put all the clues together. The clues were a box, a light, and a sound note that went choo-choo. Steve thought Blue wanted to put the box over the light and then shaking it until it made a choo-choo sound. But that was not it. The answer to Blue's Clues was a train. Blue wanted to play train by using the box as the front of the train and train cars, a light to see where she was going, and the sound note that went choo-choo for the train's whistle. After figuring out Blue's Clues, they started playing train with the bunny slippers from under the bed; the toy giraffe from the Lights On, Lights Off game; and Squirrel. Steve sings the so long song and the episode ends.
- This episode aired as part of Blue's Big Wednesday, an all-day Blue's Clues marathon on Nick Jr.
- This is the second episode where viewers say "Notebook!" from Mailbox's Birthday was not used.
- During the Thinking Time segment, Steve is wearing his hair from Late Season 2.
- This is the first time that Blue and Steve skidoo into the computer and meet Squirrel there.
- This is the first of the six episodes with an alternate recording of the Thinking Chair theme music. The next five were the next aired episode, ¡Un Día Con Plum!, Blocks, Let's Plant, and Something To Do Blue.
- Some of the credit music would be used at the starting of part one of Joe’s Scrapbook.
- The normal Nick Jr. logo for this episode are giraffes, but in the UK, they are chickens.
- The Wind-Up Drum Toy appears at the end of The So Long Song when Steve said bye to the viewers.
- The piano when Steve goes to find the first clue would later be seen in the Blue's Clues theme song, beginning in Blue's Big Holiday.
- When the viewers said the answer (Train), Steve said that the viewers are generous.
- When Steve turns the lamp back on before finding the second clue on the light, Blue was not there.