"Blue's Play" is the 23rd episode of Blue's Clues from Season 3.
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Duarte (Portugal)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Tickety Tock
Steve and Blue act out a play about a mouse and a hippo living on a nearby farm. Their play is called "The Funny Farm", with Tickety as the narrator. They also figure out the emotions Mouse makes like happy, sad, and scared. They reveal the truth on the reason Hippo turned her head away from the mouse in a skidoo segment. Will Steve and Blue finish their play and will the Hippo go from being shy to being proud?
- Question: How should Steve and Blue's play end?
- 1. A Mouse
- 2. A Flower
- 3. A Happy Hippo
- Answer: The mouse should give the flower to the hippo
- Skidoo: Sneak peek at the funny farm: A collage
- Living room picture: Green and Orange opera masks with surprised faces, then Orange and Purple opera masks with sad faces, then Blue and Green opera masks with scared faces, then Blue and Red opera masks with happy faces (Those Opera Faces were also used in Blue's Sad Day.)
- Danielle, Jennifer, Susan, and William Brown are all related to Content Consultant Laura G. Brown Ph.D.(not this episode), Sierra Leitner is related to Aiden Leitner, a friend of Joe from Blue's Predictions, Thomas and Nijer Poole are related to Emily Poole, a friend of Steve in Blue's Backyard Ballgame Bonanza, and Becky Poole, a future Technical Assistant for NDAS, Nicky Regina is related to Jessie Regina, a friend of Steve in Blue's Big Musical, and Anna Sherman Weiss is related to future Vice President of Production for Nick Jr., Teri Weiss. All those relatives are friends of Steve in this episode.
- This episode reveals the reason why the hippo turned her head away from the mouse. It was because she was shy.
- This is the second episode where the three clues were all found in the same room. The first time was in What Story Does Blue Want to Play?.
- Coincidentally, both episodes featured plays.
- This is the third of three episodes in a row where the first two clues are both found in the living room.
- This is the very last episode in which the opening sequence had Blue hiding below Mailbox.
- The credit sequence for this episode is a throwback to early Season 3. Only Blue,Tickety Tock, Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper appear. In fact, the sequence is almost recycled from Weight and Balance, but Blue peeking over was taken out.
- The DirecTV description of this episode describes it as "Storybook characters; Bunny's play."
- This is misleading, as it describes the events of the episode What Story Does Blue Want to Play?.
|Blue's Clues Season 3|
|Blue's Big Treasure Hunt | Art Appreciation | Weight and Balance | What's That Sound? | Animal Behavior! | Blue's Big Pajama Party | Draw Along with Blue | Hide and Seek | Thankful | Blue's Big Holiday | Pool Party | Anatomy | Signs | Nature | Geography | Occupations | Blue's Big Mystery | Periwinkle Misses His Friend | Blue's Big Musical | What's So Funny? | Blue's Big Costume Party | Inventions | Blue's Play | Prehistoric Blue | The Wrong Shirt | Words | Shy | Magenta Gets Glasses | Environments | Stormy Weather | Blue's Collection | Café Blue|