Blue's Mystery Present is an upcoming episode of the third season of Blue's Clues & You!. It is initially released in the UK on October 27, 2021. Its US release date is TBA 2022. It is a new version of "What's Inside?".
Joe's running a special contest - whoever correctly guesses the mystery present on display gets to unwrap it! What could be inside this super special gift?
- Question: What's inside the Mystery Present?
- A Popping Sound
- Answer to Blue's Clues: Bubbles
- Wrong Answer: The soap gets full of too many circles that it pops
- Living room picture: The Present Store
- Skidoo location: The Present Store
- This is the first Season 3 episode featuring Joe.
- This is the first Season 3 episode, and the sixth episode overall, to premiere outside the US.
- This episode is initially known as “No Time Like the Present Store!” on RadioTimes before the episode has aired in the UK.
- This marks the sixth episode in the franchise where someone skidooes to the Present Store. The others being Mailbox's Birthday, Math!, 123's with Blue, Blue's Birthday, and Happy Birthday Blue.
- This is also the first reboot episode to be based on an original episode that the Present Store didn't appear in.
- This is the third episode in the franchise where soap was a clue. The first two being What Does Blue Need? and Blue's Big Car Trip.
- This marks the eleventh episode in the franchise where circles were a clue. The others being Imagine Nation, Let's Plant, Blue's School, Blue Takes You to School, Blue's First Holiday, Soccer Practice, Meet Blue's Baby Brother, Blue's Big Beat Band, Welcome to Blue's Bistro, and Blue's Anywhere Box Surprise.
- This is also the fourth episode in the franchise where three circles were a clue with Let's Plant, Blue's First Holiday, and Meet Blue's Baby Brother being the first three.
- Bubbles is the answer to Blue’s Clues in this episode, but bubbles was the first clue in What Does Blue Need? when Blue needed a bath, and the second clue in both Superfriends and The Thinking Squad when Steve (Stripe Man)/Josh (Song Man), Blue (Super Blue), Slippery Soap (Super Soap), Tickety Tock (Clock Girl), The Viewer (The Incredibly Helpful Friend) and even Frank (The Cheerer-Upper), who was omitted from the remake, kept hearing the sound of a washing machine.
- This marks the third episode in the franchise when Blue received bubbles. The first two being Blue's Birthday and Happy Birthday Blue when Blue got bubbles from Slippery Soap for her birthday.
- This is the sixth episode where bubbles were seen. The others being What Does Blue Need?, Blue's Birthday, Happy Birthday Blue, Superfriends, and The Thinking Squad.
- This marks the thirteenth episode in the franchise where a sound was a clue. The others being What Is Blue Afraid Of?, Blue's Senses, What's That Sound?, Blue's Big Costume Party, Spooky Costume Party with Blue, Adventure, Joe's First Day, Steve Goes to College, I Did That!, Blue's Big Dance Party, and Blue Makes a Movie with You!.
- This marks the third episode in the franchise where a popping sound was heard. The first two being Blue's ABCs when Steve drew a letter P on the paw print, which popped and Steve said that the paw print just popped right off and did the pop sound effect and What's That Sound? when Steve and Blue skidooed into a movie and heard a balloon pop.
- Joe’s notebook reappears in the episode and is used throughout the episode. It is also the first time someone other than Joe uses the notebook.
- This is the the third episode in the franchise with the longest skidoo, as well as the longest skidoo in a reboot episode. The first two being Skidoo Adventure and The Fairy Tale Ball.
- This is the fiftieth episode in the franchise where a clue with a group of three was drawn. The others being Blue's Story Time, Story Time with Blue, What Does Blue Need?, The Grow Show, Growing with Blue, Steve Gets the Sniffles, Getting Healthy with Blue, What Does Blue Want to Make Out of Recycled Things?, What Game Does Blue Want to Learn?, What Did Blue See?, Nurture!, Mechanics!, Art Appreciation, Weight and Balance, What's That Sound?, Nature, Inventions, Blue's Big Costume Party, Spooky Costume Party with Blue, Prehistoric Blue, Superfriends, The Thinking Squad, Bugs!, What's Inside?, Blue's Backyard Ballgame Bonanza, Let's Plant, Let's Boogie, Joe's First Day, Joe Gets a Clue, Steve Goes to College, The Scavenger Hunt, The Big Book About Us, Playing Store, Shape Searchers, A Brand New Game, Up, Down, All Around!, Story Wall, Our Neighborhood Festival, Meet Polka Dots!, Blue's Big Car Trip, I Did That!, Blue's First Holiday, Blue's Wishes, Bluestock (Original/Remake), Meet Blue's Baby Brother, What I Like About Blue, Our New Neighbor, and Blue’s Dino Clues.
- This marks the sixth episode in the franchise where someone skidooes with someone. The first four times being Periwinkle Misses His Friend when Periwinkle skidooed with Steve and Blue into a model of the city, Blue's Collection when Steve, Blue, and Shovel skidooed to the beach to help with Shovel’s shell collection, Café Blue when Mr. Salt skidooed with Steve and Blue to a grocery store to get more ingredients for pasta sauce, Blocks when Green Puppy skidooed into a block construction site with Steve and Blue, and The Fairy Tale Ball when Sidetable Drawer and Mailbox skidooed just to give Joe his notebook and mail respectivley.
- This is the only episode where Josh doesn't use his regular Notebook.
- Josh's Notebook looks like the type that Joe had.
- This is the third episode in the franchise where someone uses someone else’s notebook. The first two times being Something To Do Blue when Steve offered Blue to use his notebook in the Thinking Chair and Joe Gets a Clue when Steve and the Viewer first taught Joe how to play Blue’s Clues and when the third clue was on a spiral, Joe used Steve’s notebook to draw the spiral.