The reboot/show introduces a new host, Josh (played by Joshua Dela Cruz), as well as two new members of the Spice Family: twins Sage and Ginger. The animated characters' designs were all updated for the show. The two original hosts Steve and Joe occasionally appear as recurring characters.
It was first announced by Nickelodeon at its upfront presentation on March 6, 2018. According to Variety, twenty episodes have been ordered and filming began during summer 2018. On September 19, 2019, the show was renewed for a second season, premiered in August 2020. On February 19, 2020, the show was renewed for a third season. On February 18, 2021, the show was renewed for a fourth season.
Nickelodeon held an open casting call for a potential host on April 14, 2018. The auditions were held at their studio in Burbank, California. The network sought applicants 18 years or older of all ethnicities.
Like the original show, there is a live-action host in an animated world. The reboot features all-new production design and animation. The visual style remains true to the original, but the characters are rendered in CGI, as depicted in a teaser image.
See here for all episodes in the Blue's Clues & You!.
The designs of most of the main animated characters were updated for the reboot. Most notably, Cinnamon is taller and now wears a baseball cap. Paprika is also taller and mostly carries a cell phone with her. Some minor changes were also made to the main characters of the show, like giving The Shakers details on their seasoning color, giving Mailbox a metallic shine, and even giving Sidetable Drawer a wooden texture. The reboot introduces characters, including spice twins Sage and Ginger (who were born on Big News with Blue, the remake of Blue's News).
Magenta also appears in the reboot, though she has been shown without glasses like she first did. She has got them again later throughout the reboot, and at an earlier time, in Getting Glasses With Magenta. Other characters may reappear in the reboot. One of the Chicks was shown in the living room picture in a production screenshot, and Periwinkle's house can be seen in the background of the theme song, and he, like the original, will be introduced in season three. Also, original hosts Steve and Joe make recurring appearances, but in rare times (e.g. Meet Josh!).
- This series premiered on the same day as the premiere of PBS's Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum, another children's series produced by 9 Story Media Group and Brown Bag Films.
- This series also premiered one day after the world's longest running children's show Sesame Street's 50th anniversary.
- Unlike the prior series (aside from TV broadcasts of "Blue's Big Musical" and "Meet Blue's Baby Brother"), Blue's Clues & You! has commercial breaks during all episodes.
- This is Angela C. Santomero's second show to not use the Out of the Blue Enterprises logo at the ending credits after the original TV show because of unknown reasons.
- Almost all episodes (Definitely most episodes) made up of remakes of episodes from the original series.
- Official page on NickJr.com
- BusinessWire article
- Deadline article
- Entertainment Weekly article
- Casting call on Eventbrite
- Deadline article
- "NickALive" article
|Blue's Clues • Blue's Room • Blue's Clues & You!|
|Blue's Clues: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6|
Blue's Room: 1 • 2
Blue's Clues & You!: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4