"Blue's Big Pajama Party" is the 6th episode of Blue's Clues from Season 3.
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Duarte (Portugal)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Tickety Tock
- Slippery Soap
- Felt Friends
- Horace (debut)
- Moon (debut)
- Julia (special premiere version)
- Question: What does Blue want to do tonight?
- 1. A Sleeping Bag
- 2. A Lamp
- 3. A Book
- Answer: Read a Book
- Living room picture: Space (skidoo location)
Blue and Steve host a Pajama Party.
As we head on inside, we find Blue chasing a firefly. Steve welcomes us in, saying that we should are here for the pajama party. He is ready, he has on his green-striped pajamas and bunny slippers. Of course, it would not be any fun if we just went right to sleep and Steve certainly seems to think so; he insists that he is not sleepy, despite evidence of yawning. So before getting ready for bed, we have some fun. After watching Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper put Paprika to bed, we head outside, where we find Shovel and Pail listening to the sounds of the night and playing a game called Nighttime Flash and Find. We learn that there are some animals that stay awake at night. We identify an owl by its hoot, a cricket from its chirping and a squeaking bat. All of these animals are nocturnal; they are awake at night and then rest during the daytime. Steve then finds the 2nd clue on a lamp. Later, Steve thinks of a deep question: Just why is it that we have night? After the Mailtime segment, Blue and Steve became "Pajamanauts" and skidoo into space, where they have a chat with their old friend, the Sun and their new friend, the Earth and learn that the sun is always shining, but because the earth is always spinning, parts of it are in a shadow, away from the sun's light, thus causing night. After learning about night to day, they then skidoo back home, just as the late night approaches. He takes off his blanket cape and puts it back in place. He then finds one last clue, which is a book, sitting on a table next to the front door. He draws the clue and sits on the Thinking Chair. The answer was: reading a book. Everyone gets ready for bed as they were brushing their teeth and Steve reads a bedtime book called "Goodnight, Bird" to the others. After reading, Steve sings the So Long song in a soft manner. After they went to bed, the episode concludes.
- Alexander Claffy, the voice of Purple Kangaroo, and Danielle Gonzalez, relative of Animator Dayna Gonzalez are both friends of Steve in this episode.
- This is the first episode where the setting takes place entirely at night.
- There's a deleted scene that features special guest star: Julia Louis-Dreyfus that only appears in the opening and post-credits scenes. This only appeared in the original airing. These can be found in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XLuUKLAMVI
- All other airings remove this for an unknown reason.
- Sidetable Drawer was asleep by the time Steve went to get the notebook. When he did, she muttered her original quote: "Blue's Clues, I'm so excited." in her sleep as she opened her drawer so Steve can get the notebook.
- This is the second episode to have Steve and Blue floating in Space in the Skidoo segment.
- The picture in the living room picture frame however, is different than the one in "What Experiment Does Blue Want to Try?" (the one in this episode shows the Earth and the moon).
- Instead of the page flipping and the white background with the navy blue letters, the closing credits for this episode are in yellow with a black, starry background.
- During the credit sequence the moon appears four times; It said "Bye" twice and then "Good night" and finally a "bye-bye."
- In The U.K. version, the moon appears a fifth time with her first quote, due to part of the music being used again. As usual, the U.K. doesn’t like to use the unusual short credit lengths.
- Also in this credit sequence, the ball and Blue don't appear at all. Instead, it just gets to the back of the book and it just closes.
- The music in the credits was reused from What Time Is It for Blue?.
- Unlike most episodes, Steve and Blue sing the usual songs quietly because they had some sleeping friends inside so they would not disturb them.
- When Steve takes out the notebook outside to draw their second clue, a lamp, the notebook has changed to a nighttime notebook. Then when he draws the third clue, it changes back to the original.
- In the Duarte version, this nighttime version of the notebook is used throughout the whole episode.
- There is a tie-in toy based on the episode from Tyco Preschool.
- The name of it, Goodnight Blue, references to the subject of the episode.
- This was the only episode to use the Nick Jr still logo (Lions, W/ copyright info).
- This is the first time that Steve draws a book in his notebook as the third clue.
- The second is Geography.
- This is the only episode to have Moon, Cricket and Bat as their appearances.
- Stamps are Animal Behavior!, Blue's ABCs, What Is Blue Afraid Of?, The Lost Episode!, Blue's Big Holiday, What Was Blue's Dream About? and Adventures in Art.
- Steve wore his pajamas in the Bedtime Business Song music video from the 2000 VHS release of Magenta Comes Over.
- In the video letter of the UK version, plush toys of Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, and Sylvester are seen.
- This is the first episode that does not show Blue playing with her rubber ball at the end of the credits before the book closes.
- Portions of this episode are available on the album "Goodnight Blue".
- This episode is also available as the first of two episodes on the video by the same name.
- This is the final television episode in which Jenna Marie Castle provides the voice of Paprika.
- The lyrics to the So Long Song have slightly changed in this episode, "But will sing just one more song" has changed to "So we'll sing this goodnight song", "Thanks for doing your part" has changed to "Thanks for coming tonight", "You sure are smart" has changed to "You sure are bright".
- The Mailtime barbershop quartet singing is the same as the other episodes, but it has a nighttime arrangement rather than the regular arrangement.
- When Steve says sleeping bag twice, he yawns.
- This is the third episode where Steve was shown yawning.
- This is the seventh episode where viewers say "Notebook!" from "Mailbox's Birthday" was not used.
- This is the debut of the improved version of Steve's hair from Hide and Seek, but this time, his bangs were added again.
- The usual Blue's Clues instrumentals are replaced with a different kind of music to go along with the quiet version of the Blue's Clues song.
- This episode does not end with the reversed scene of the door closing and Blue waving goodbye to the viewer in the left window, Steve quietly sings The So Long Song in his bedroom instead of the living room, and Blue does not join in, or show up at the window to wave goodbye to the viewer in one of the windows because she is sleeping in her bed, and it ends when Steve turns off the light.
- The same happens in Bedtime Business.
- This is the first episode not to feature the end credits with a white background, it features them with a nighttime/space background, the moon appears 4 times, and after the credits fade out, the ball and Blue don't appear at all.
- This episode will be remade in the reboot, as titled Pajama Party with Blue.
- In the Shockwave game, at the end of it, Steve says "Good night to you too. Thanks for all your help."
- In the credits, none of the usual characters are present. Instead, there were one-time only animations.
- When Steve and Blue skidooed into space, Earth made a complete spin. So when they returned, it should not have still been the same night; however, it was.
- Steve sings loud in the middle of the Mail Time Song by mistake.
- David Burger was credited as David "Duke" Burger
- Phillip LiVecchi was credited as Phillip Li Vecchi
- Helen Markowitz and Jaclyn Markowitz received a combined "&" credit.
- Phillip LiVecchi was credited as Phillip Li Vecchi
|Blue's Clues Season 3|
|Blue's Big Treasure Hunt | Art Appreciation | Weight and Balance | What's That Sound? | Animal Behavior! | Blue's Big Pajama Party | Draw Along with Blue | Hide and Seek | Thankful | Blue's Big Holiday | Pool Party | Anatomy | Signs | Nature | Geography | Occupations | Blue's Big Mystery | Periwinkle Misses His Friend | Blue's Big Musical | What's So Funny? | Blue's Big Costume Party | Inventions | Blue's Play | Prehistoric Blue | The Wrong Shirt | Words | Shy | Magenta Gets Glasses | Environments | Stormy Weather | Blue's Collection | Café Blue|