Blue's Big Car Trip is the thirty-first episode of Blue's Clues from season 5.
- Gas Canisters
- Post Office Mailbox
- Blue Bird
- Nurse Kenny (cameo)
- Sarah Scientist (cameo)
- Orange Kitten (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Boris (cameo)
- Miss Scarecrow (cameo)
Joe and Blue go on a trip with Carmen in her car. They learn all about important safety rules for riding in the car when Blue brings her booster seat. They also learn how to pass time in the car, since sometimes long trips can get boring. They also groove to the Backseat Boogie.
- Question: Where are we going in the car today?
- 1. Water
- 2. Soap
- 3. A Car
- Answer: A Car Wash
- Danielle and Jennifer Brown, relatives of Content Consultant Laura G. Brown, Ph.D., and Ariel Pazer are all friends of Joe in this episode. Ariel is related to Jasmine Pazer, who was a friend of Steve in Blue Is Frustrated.
- This is the first episode where Sidetable Drawer is absent, as Carmen always keeps a notebook in her car.
- During Play Blue's Clues, Blue pulled out Joe's notebook, but not the car one.
- The Radio Announcer was Casey Kasem (1932-2014), as the voice of Shaggy from Scooby-Doo.
- This is the only episode where the Mailtime Segment is at a post office.
- When Blue & Joe said "wait, wait, wait", it is just like the episode, Patience.
- This was the first time Joe was on the right side at the end of the Mailtime song.
- In this episode, the chorus for the song was sung in a lower tone followed by the instrumental version of the song on the radio. The regular version played after Joe and Blue stopped at the post office to get the mail.
- There is a different version of Mailbox, which is similar to the post-office mailbox from Geography, Blue's Book Nook and Blue Takes You to School.
- The soap salesman on the billboard where the second clue (soap) is located resembles Slippery Soap, only this soap is orange with a hat and mustache.
- This is the last episode to involve adventures outside of Blue's neighborhood.
- This was the second episode that doesn't take place indoors.
- The first being Nature.
- There was no skidoo segment.
- Joe used the backseat instead of the Thinking Chair.
- There was a different version of "We Sat on Down". They sang "We Buckled Up".
- Orange Kitten and Duck are shown at the ice cream shop.
- Joe wears a purple squared shirt in this episode.
- Nurse Kenny from Blue Goes to the Doctor is seen riding a motorcycle with a helmet on. He also appears in the credits, along with Carmen, a bluebird, a gas canister, and the Post Office Mailbox.
- Sarah Scientist from Anatomy is seen in a hot air balloon.
- This is the only episode where Mailbox does not appear in the Mailtime segment.
- This is the only episode where the chorus sings Mailtime twice, one low-pitched and one high-pitched.
- Due to miscommunication between the first two clues when the question is asked during the second clue's reveal, it ended up being "I wonder where we could go in the car with me: Soap, and I'm Water." The first clue should've said "Me".
|Blue's Clues Season 5|
|Can You Help? | Colors Everywhere! | The Snack Chart | The Big Book About Us | Playing Store | Patience | 100th Episode Celebration | Joe's Surprise Party | I'm So Happy! | The Boat Float | Bedtime Business | Shape Searchers | Blue Goes to the Doctor | Contraptions! | A Brand New Game | A Surprise Guest | Dress Up Day | Blue's Big Band | Up, Down, All Around! | Story Wall | The Alphabet Train | Numbers Everywhere! | Blue's Predictions | Our Neighborhood Festival | Blue Takes You to School | Meet Polka Dots! | The Scavenger Hunt | Let's Write! | Magenta's Messages | Body Language | Blue's Big Car Trip | Look Carefully... | I Did That! | Animals in Our House? | Morning Music | Blue's First Holiday|