Blue's Big Band is the eighteenth episode of Blue's Clues from season 5.
- Joe (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Tickety Tock
- Piano (only appearance)
- G-Clef (seen in picture)
- Boris (cameo)
- Wind-up Drum Toy
Clap with Joe, rap with Sidetable, drum with Periwinkle, skidoo to the music, and play along with Blue's Big Band! Magenta taps the tambourine, Tickety chimes the triangle... but what instrument will Blue play? Preschoolers play a musical game of Blue's Clues to figure it out, and then play a grand finale with Blue's Big Band! Encore!
Blue has created a big band, and many of them, including Joe and the Viewers will be playing instruments in the band. They practice with Tickety and later listen to some music that Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper, Paprika and Cinnamon are creating simply by using an old washboard. They follow along to some of Periwinkle's beats as he plays on the drum. Later, they skidoo and meet Piano, who guides them through a musical story about a group of piglets.
- Question: What instrument does Blue want to play in the band?
- 1. A Lid
- 2. Beans
- 3. An Empty Can
- Answer: A Maraca
- Skidoo location: A picture of piano keys
- Living room picture: A drawing of G-Clef and the Notes
- Maya Caines is one of Joe's Friends in this episode. She's related to Bruce Caines, who directed the episode and its video letter.
- The official members of the band are Blue, Magenta, Tickety, and Periwinkle. They will play their music again in Our Neighborhood Festival.
- In the US, it aired a part of Blue's Biggest Band Monday
- This is Joe's version of What Does Blue Want to Do on a Rainy Day?.
- Tickety made a maraca from What Does Blue Want to Make Out of Recycled Things? and the clues in this episode were used.
- The skidoo segment tells the viewer the tone of the music.
- This is the first and only time where Joe and Blue wear piglet noses during the skidoo segment.
- This is also the only appearance of Piano.
- The piglet noses are also called pig noses or simply piglet costume noses.
- This is the first appearance where the costume objects of piglet noses are made of hard chalk with string to hold the nose.
- Soft music plays when the viewer feels sleepy. A sharp glissando sting would tell the viewer to wake up. A marching tune would tell the viewer to march. Fast-paced music would tell the viewer to run. If someone can follow the rhythm, this person will know what body movement he or she has to do.
- This is Magenta's first appearance in Season 5.
- There is an another episode (from Blue's Clues & You!) with a similar name to this episode.
- The Blue's Clues & You episode is not related to this episode, even though it's themed from this episode.
- G-Clef makes a cameo on the living room picture.
- During the So Long Song:
- Joe and Kevin wear an orange squared shirt in this episode.
- This is Kevin's last appearance aside from the late aired, "Blue's School" and "Something To Do Blue".
- This is the final episode that aired in the US that had a UK version of an episode which Kevin's color choice for his shirt was orange, if one doesn't count Patience, he wore it for two episodes for the entire time of Blue's Clues, with the two late aired episodes in season 4. After that, the episodes will only be released in the US.
- At the end of the letter, the ending melody of "We Are Looking for Blue's Clues" does not play.
- Tickety, Magenta, and Perwinkle reused their instruments from Another Blue's Clues Day.
- In the credits, part of Tchaikovsky's "March of the Nutcracker" plays.
- After Janice Burgess's credit slide, the screen goes unusually blank for a couple of seconds before Blue appears with her ball.