Bedtime Business is the eleventh episode of Blue's Clues from season 5.
- Sidetable Drawer
- Tickety Tock
- Slippery Soap
- Bubbly Bubbles
- Polka Dots (cameo/debut)
- Periwinkle (picture frame)
- Baby Bear (picture frame)
- Orange Kitten (picture frame)
- Green Puppy (picture frame)
- Mr. Salt (credits)
- Mrs. Pepper (credits)
- Paprika (credits)
- Cinnamon (credits)
We have come to the Blue's Clues house at night and so we help Joe and Blue with their bedtime routine, their bedtime business. We watch as Joe tucks in Boris and then learn about important pre-sleepytime activities. The characters have a small clothing crisis, but with our help in identifying clothing through features such as spots and stripes, the problem is solved. We also help out with washing up, reading a story and more.
We have came to see Joe and Blue so it is dark outside and Joe walks us into the bedroom to put Boris to bed then Joe asks what is your favorite part of bedtime and Joe plays "Blue's Clues" Joe and Blue teaches the viewers bedtime routines, Joe draws the first clue, a mirror, and so they go to the bathroom to give Blue a bubble bath with Slippery Soap and the Bubbly Bubble singers. Then we pick the right pajamas for Tickety, Shovel, and Pail. Then after Joe draws the second clue, a sink, it was finally Mailtime, in the Mailtime video letter segment, we see a variant of The Bedtime Business Song. Then, someone dropped the toothbrush which is the third clue, then Joe realized he was already on the Thinking Chair. He puts all the clues together, and Brushing Blue's Teeth was the answer to Blue's Clues. We then brush teeths with Slippery Soap featuring a song called the "Toothbrush Tango". We then read a book to Blue called "Bedtime Business". The episode ends and everyone got ready for bed with a quiet So Long Song, then the Blue's Clues house gets dark, after they finally went to sleep, the episode concludes with a piece of lullaby music in the credits.
- Question: What is Blue's favorite part of bedtime?
- 1. A Mirror
- 2. A Sink
- 3. A Toothbrush
- Answer: Brushing her teeth
- Living room picture: Various characters sleeping: First Periwinkle, then Baby Bear, then Orange Kitten, then Green Puppy
- Danielle Brown, a relative of Content Consultant Laura G. Brown, Ph.D., is one of Joe's Friends in this episode.
- This episode shares the same name with a song from Goodnight Blue that also appeared in a music video from the 2000 VHS release of "Magenta Comes Over".
- A slightly different version of the song was part of this episode's video letter.
- A kid throws a toothbrush out of the letter at the end. Joe picks up the toothbrush which had a clue (the third one) on it.
- This was the second time an item came out from the video letter (the 1st was a popsicle stick [the second clue] from "Blue's Surprise at Two O'Clock!" and the third would be a stamp from "Our Neighborhood Festival"), the 2nd time a clue came from there (a clue [the second; a stage] would be found in a video letter again in "Joe's Clues"), and the only time the 3rd clue was found this way.
- After Joe drew the third clue in his thinking chair, he realized he was already sitting in the thinking chair.
- Steve did the same thing in "Magenta Comes Over" and "Blue's Big Holiday".
- Josh later did the same thing in Playdate with Magenta.
- Joe, Blue, and Shovel wore their pajamas for this episode in the Mailtime segment
- This is Joe's version of "Blue's Big Pajama Party".
- Therefore, in both episodes, both the first and third clues are found in the living room.
- This episode shares the name with a music video featured in segment after discussing the first two clues. The first time that happened was in "Joe Gets a Clue".
- Joe sings the Blue's Clues Theme Song, the Mailtime Song and the So Long Song in his whisper voice from Blue's Big Pajama Party replaced by his normal voice.
- There is no "Blue Skidoo" segment in this episode.
- Second time Sidetable's face appears during the So Long Song since "Blue's Book Nook".
- Joe sang a quiet and yawning So Long Song at the end of this episode and Blue did not join in or show up at the window to wave goodbye to the viewer because she was sleeping in her bed.
- Joe also sung the last line once just like Steve in seasons 2-4
- Joe wears a blue squared shirt for until less than 50% of the episode, but he changes into blue pajamas with multicolored squares for the rest of this episode.
- Anthony Colangelo (one of Joe's friends) voices Slippery's singing while Patrick Van Wagenen voices him speaking.
- Revealed in this episode, Blue had a boy stuffed puppy named Polka Dots (formerly referred to as female, before officially declared a male).
- This episode may have taken place after Meet Polka Dots!.
- This is the last time where the quiet version of The So Long Song was featured and also the only episode where Joe sings that version.
- In the credits, Mrs. Pepper rocks Cinnamon to sleep. While Mr. Salt puts Paprika to sleep, he reminds The Viewer to keep quiet. Slippery, Mailbox, and Blue (only during the last credit slide) are also in their bedtime clothes.
- Joe is given a special pillow notebook for this episode, but when he draws the clues, he is seen using his regular notebook.
- Furthermore, Blue also pulls out the pillow notebook replaced by the regular notebook in the theme song.
"Pajama time! From my head to my toes in my nighttime clothes!"