"Animal Behavior!" is the 8th episode of Blue's Clues from Season 3.
- Steve (North America)
- Kevin (United Kingdom)
- Duarte (Portugal)
- HyunShup Shin (South Korea)
- Sidetable Drawer
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Lady Gooddiver
- Porcupine Fish
- Leaf Fish
- Parrot Fish
- Question: What animal does Blue want to learn about?
- 1. Black and White
- 2. Ice
- 3. A Waddling Motion
- Answer: A Penguin
- Living room picture: A great tit
- Skidoo location: PC Computer Game Beach
- Felt Frame picture: Felt Elephant from Blue's News
Steve and Blue check out what their favorite animals do.
In this episode, we learn all about different animals with the help of a book Blue has that we can use to look them up. As we learn, we also try imitating the behavior of a number of animals for fun. We help Shovel and Pail to find out why beavers pick up sticks and why birds tweet. In the Skidoo segment, we meet Lady Godiva, who uses a submarine to take us under the sea, where we find three fish with a very interesting form of animal behavior called camouflage and learn why they use it. Steve then found a waddling with a clue on it, so he had to stay in a PC computer submarine for a few minutes to draw the clue.
- Blue's Safari (VHS, 2000)
- Big, Blue and Just for You! Volume 4 (VHS, 2000)
- Nickelodeon: Animal Friends! (DVD, 2009)
- This episode introduces Steve's interest in anteaters, which will be continued in future episodes Hide and Seek and Shy.
- The Lady Gooddiver character in the Blue Skidoo segment in this episode is a parody on Lady Godiva.
- The bird in the living room picture is a great tit.
- This is Amy Starr's last episode as the voiceover producer.
- This was also the last episode in which Chris Boyce, one of the animators, was involved with until Season Six.
- This episode can be seen in Nickelodeon Animal Friends DVD.
- This is also the first time since Season 2's The Lost Episode! to use Mailbox's older design.
- The bedroom picture shows Steve pretending to be the Big Bad Wolf and Blue pretending to be one of the three little pigs from "What Story Does Blue Want to Play?".
- This is the 1st episode with animals.
- The 2nd was "Animals in Our House?"
- This episode is the first of two episodes on the VHS release of Blue's Safari.
- When Steve draws the 1st clue (black and white), he pulls out a black crayon with a black wrapper, but his normal crayon, which has a green wrapper, also draws in black.
- This clue would return in "The Alphabet Train" as separate clues. The color white was the first clue and the color black was the second clue.
- The episode was renamed to "Animal Behaviour" for the Kevin version.
- Steve clucked the Mail Time Song like the chicken instead of singing the lyrics.
- After that, he communicated with Mailbox (who was pretending to be a monkey) this way before getting the letter. He does however goes back to his usual talking after he states he was just chicken.
- This is the second time in Season 3 that Blue appears four times during the closing credits.
- When Steve was "elephant-stepping for Blue's Clues", he passes by the Felt Board (which has the felt elephant from Blue's News) on it, a bowl of peanuts on a table, and the fridge (which has a picture of a tree frog on it, held by magnets).
- Though this episode was made/aired in 1999, credits claim that this episode was made/aired in 1996.
- When Steve first skidoos into the picture of a pier, you can see outlines around his face used to make him stand out more.
- Joseph Brancale, who appeared in the video letter previously appeared on the two Sesame Street videos, "Elmo Says BOO!" and "The Alphabet Jungle Game."
- This is the fourth time Steve wore his tan shoes.
- The credit sequence in this episode is recycled from "What's That Sound?".
- When Steve sang The So Long Song at the end of this episode, and when he sang “Thanks for doing your part”, there’s a bit of a delay. This later happens to Joe in Steve Goes to College.
|Blue's Clues Season 3|
|Blue's Big Treasure Hunt | Art Appreciation | Weight and Balance | What's That Sound? | Animal Behavior! | Blue's Big Pajama Party | Draw Along with Blue | Hide and Seek | Thankful | Blue's Big Holiday | Pool Party | Anatomy | Signs | Nature | Geography | Occupations | Blue's Big Mystery | Periwinkle Misses His Friend | Blue's Big Musical | What's So Funny? | Blue's Big Costume Party | Inventions | Blue's Play | Prehistoric Blue | The Wrong Shirt | Words | Shy | Magenta Gets Glasses | Environments | Stormy Weather | Blue's Collection | Café Blue|